4 candidates confirmed for panel interview so far —Comelec exec

Australia News News

4 candidates confirmed for panel interview so far —Comelec exec
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 gmanews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 30 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 68%

Four candidates have so far confirmed their participation in the presidential and vice presidential panel interviews to be conducted by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) as substitute for the scrapped town hall debates.

At the Laging Handa public briefing, Commissioner George Garcia said two candidates have confirmed their participation. However, at a Comelec briefing later in the day, the number increased to four -- two presidential and two vice presidential candidates.

"Meron na pong nag-confirm sa ating dalawa subalit hindi muna natin ire-reveal yung mga pangalan po nila [Two candidates have confirmed their participation but we'll not disclose their names for now]," he said during the Laging Handa briefing.During the Comelec briefing, Garcia said all of the presidential and vice-presidential candidates are given until 5 p.m. on Thursday to inform the Comelec if they will participate in the panel interview or not.

Garcia said the panel interview with push through even if only few of the candidates will participate.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

gmanews /  🏆 11. in PH

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Wooden footbridge that collapsed four years ago in Zamboanga replaced with concrete materialsWooden footbridge that collapsed four years ago in Zamboanga replaced with concrete materialsThe controversial wooden footbridge which gave way under the weight of politicians and their staff has been replaced with another bridge made of concrete materials.
Read more »

Marcos refuses to attend Comelec panel interviewMarcos refuses to attend Comelec panel interviewPRESIDENTIAL candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has begged off from joining the Commission on Elections (Comelec) panel interview to focus on the remaining days of...
Read more »

Here's why Marcos declined Comelec’s presidential panel interviewHere's why Marcos declined Comelec’s presidential panel interviewThe camp of presidential candidate and survey frontrunner Bongbong Marcos has officially declined the Comelec invite for its presidential panel interview.
Read more »

Pacquiao urges Comelec to resolve PDP-Laban case before May 9 pollsPacquiao urges Comelec to resolve PDP-Laban case before May 9 pollsPresidential candidate Senator MannyPacquiao on Wednesday urged the Commission on Elections (Comelec) to decide before the May 9 elections which faction of the ruling party PDP-Laban to recognize.
Read more »

Marcoleta's vote now considered as stray following withdrawal - Comelec | Samuel P. MedenillaMarcoleta's vote now considered as stray following withdrawal - Comelec | Samuel P. MedenillaAll of the votes to be cast for former senatorial candidate Rodante D. Marcoleta will now be considered as 'stray' votes, according to the Commission on Election (Comelec). Last Wed., Comelec Commissioner George M. Garcia confirmed the Comelec en banc finally accepted the statement of withdrawal filed by Marcoleta last…
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 01:08:52