World number one Ashleigh Barty hints of plans but says 'wait and see', after her shock retirement.
World number one Ashleigh Barty has sliced back questions about her next move after retiring from tennis and told people to "wait and see".
Barty did not rule out trying another sport but said she was more keen to "give back" to the community. On Thursday, Barty said she had first started thinking about retirement after winning Wimbledon last year. He said it was at the Olympics in Tokyo - which followed Barty's Wimbledon win - that "it hit home there wasn't much left for her".
Only Steffi Graf, Serena Williams and Martina Navratilova have enjoyed longer streaks as world number one in the women's game.Williams is the only other active female player to have won major titles on clay, grass and hard courts, and at the time of her retirement, Barty has collected $23.8m in prize money.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
World number one Ashleigh Barty retires from tennis aged 25 to stun sporting worldWorld number one Ashleigh Barty has retired from tennis at the age of 25. The three-time Grand Slam winner has sent shock-waves through the sporting world, hanging up her racket as the reigning Wim…
Read more »
Ashleigh Barty: World number one makes shock call to quit tennisAustralian player Ashleigh Barty - aged only 25 - says she will retire to 'chase other dreams'.
Read more »
Ashleigh Barty retires at 25 as world No1 leaves tennis ‘feeling proud and fulfilled’ASHLEIGH BARTY has left tennis fans aghast by suddenly announcing she is retiring at the age of 25.
Read more »
World No 1 Ash Barty announces shock retirement from tennisThe Australian Open champion said she wanted to 'chase other dreams' during the emotional announcement on Instagram
Read more »
World No.1 Ash Barty announces shock retirement from tennis, aged 25Ash Barty will hold a press conference today and will reveal more about her decision to step back from professional tennis.
Read more »
Ash Barty announces shock retirement from tennis at 25The world No 1 announced the news on social media on Wednesday only two months after winning the Australian Open
Read more »