China has urged Australia to respect its national security interests in the South China Sea or face 'serious consequences' after Prime Minister Anthony Albanese described China's actions as an 'act of aggression'.
China has urged Australia to respect its national security interests in the South China Sea or face"serious consequences" after Prime Minister Anthony Albanese described China's actions as an"act of aggression".
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has labelled the incident between the Chinese fighter jet and Australian airforce surveillance aircraft as an act of aggression.Defence Minister Richard Marles revealed on Sunday a Chinese J-16 aircraft flew dangerously close to a RAAF P-8A PoseidonWhile flying close, the J-16 released flares, accelerated and cut across the nose of the P-8, settling in front of the Australian aircraft at very close distance.
"China once again urges Australia to earnestly respect China's national security interests and core interests, act and speak prudently to avoid a miscalculation occurring that results in serious consequences," foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters. China's defence ministry retorted Monday that its pilots took "reasonable, forceful, safe and professional measures" in response to "provocative behaviour" by the Canadian military.'We will continue to engage in the South China Sea'
The Chinese Communist Party-controlled Global Times said the Australian aircraft "likely made provocative moves".
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
China's inception of surveillance plane will not deter Australia in South China Sea, defence minister saysAn Australian maritime surveillance aircraft was intercepted by Chinese fighter plane last month. Defence China Security
Read more »
China Sea incident very dangerous: MarlesAustralia's Defence department says one of its maritime surveillance aircraft was intercepted by a Chinese fighter plane during routine activity in international airspace in the South China Sea region last month. 7NEWS
Read more »
China slams Australia after 'dangerous' fighter jet incidentA Chinese state-controlled media outlet has accused Defence Minister Richard Marles of withholding details about an engagement between a RAAF plane and Chinese aircraft as it slammed Australia for trying to become “Washington’s right-hand man”.
Read more »
China launches three-person crew into space to finish work on Tiangong stationThe Shenzhou 14 crew will spend six months on the Tiangong station and will oversee the addition of two laboratory modules to join the main Tianhe living space that was launched in April 2021.
Read more »
Jokowi to tread fine line on China in Albanese meetingIndonesia hopes the Albanese government will double down on supporting South-East Asia’s strategic autonomy amid increased superpower rivalry.
Read more »
Albanese woos Indonesia as new China fight eruptsAnthony Albanese wants better relations with Jakarta and South-East Asia, as China was accused of escalating military tensions in the South China Sea by buzzing an RAAF surveillance plane.
Read more »