Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman says he takes full responsibility for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, but denies ordering his killing.
The Gulf kingdom has charged 11 people in connection with Khashoggi’s murder — some of them believed to be close to the crown prince — and put them on trial in Saudi Arabia. Court proceedings are closed to the public and the kingdom has refused to allow international investigators to work in the country.
"There was a point where you can hear Khashoggi moving from being a man who's a confident person, towards a sense of fear — rising anxiety, rising terror — and then knowing that something fatal is about to happen," Kennedy said., said the tapes indicate that Khashoggi was suffocated — probably with a plastic bag over his head.
A demonstrator dressed as Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman with blood on his hands protests outside the Saudi Embassy in Washington.Almost a year after the murder that shocked and triggered a wave of revulsion around the world, last week that the international attention meant that she felt the full weight of his loss only months later.In the wide-ranging interview, the crown prince told CBS news that the idea that Saudi Arabia was perceived as a country that does not support human rights “pains" him and he encouraged
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Yemen's Houthis say attacked Saudi border frontline, no immediate Saudi confirmationYemen's Houthi movement said on Saturday it had carried out a major attack ...
Read more »
Yemen's Houthis say attacked Saudi border frontline, no immediate Saudi confirmationYemen's Houthi movement said on Saturday it had carried out a major attack ...
Read more »
Saudi crown prince warns of escalation with Iran, says he prefers political solutionSaudi Arabia's crown prince warned in an interview broadcast on Sunday that...
Read more »
Saudi crown prince denies ordering journalist's murderNEW YORK (AP) — Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said in a television interview that he takes 'full responsibility' for the grisly murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, but denied...
Read more »
Saudi Crown Prince Denies Ordering Jamal Khashoggi's Murder in '60 Minutes' Interview'This was a heinous crime,' the 34-year-old crown prince reiterated to CBS News' Norah O'Donnell. 'But I take full responsibility as a leader in Saudi Arabia, especially since it was committed by individuals working for the Saudi government.'
Read more »
Saudi crown prince denies ordering journalist's murderSaudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman says that he takes 'full responsibility' for the grisly murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, but denies allegations that he ordered it.
Read more »