'False and totally unsubstantiated': Xenophon goes after Huawei's critics

Australia News News

'False and totally unsubstantiated': Xenophon goes after Huawei's critics
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 smh
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 80%

Huawei Australia's new external lawyer, former independent senator Nick Xenophon, has launched an aggressive defence of the company, saying the telecommunications giant was being 'destroyed' by 'false and totally unsubstantiated claims' | nickbonyhady

. "That was a decision we took in Australia's national interest and we stand by it and it was not directed at any one operator," Mr Morrison said.

But Mr Xenophon said he was not required to register under the laws because he was not dealing with politicians. Mr Xenophon said Huawei Australia had been subject to "misinformation" from "ideologically-driven think tanks who appear wilfully blind to the difference between the Chinese government and a private company" and warned his firm would look to take legal action against the company's critics.

Huawei's chief financial officer, Meng Wanzhou, has also been charged with wire fraud in the United States as part of an alleged bid to violate US sanctions against Iran.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

smh /  🏆 6. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Xenophon takes on new role at Huawei | Sky News AustraliaXenophon takes on new role at Huawei | Sky News AustraliaFormer crossbench senator Nick Xenophon says Huawei has “behaved impeccably”, but has still been the “subject of malicious slurs by seemingly ideological think tanks”. \n\nMr Xenophon said he's acting in the “national interest” by taking up a consulting role with Huawei. \n\nThe former crossbench senator told Sky News the company has been accused of “all sorts of things that is simply not backed by the evidence” and it has “done the right thing” in terms of working hard to deliver the best tech solutions. \n\n'Their reputation ought to be defended because they haven’t been treated fairly,” Mr Xenophon said on Monday. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »

Huawei claims 1500 'quiet Australians' to lose jobs due to 5G banHuawei claims 1500 'quiet Australians' to lose jobs due to 5G banHuawei Technologies Australia chief executive Hudson Liu has taken a direct swipe at the Morrison government
Read more »

Xenophon takes on new role at Huawei | Sky News AustraliaXenophon takes on new role at Huawei | Sky News AustraliaFormer crossbench senator Nick Xenophon says Huawei has “behaved impeccably”, but has still been the “subject of malicious slurs by seemingly ideological think tanks”. \n\nMr Xenophon said he's acting in the “national interest” by taking up a consulting role with Huawei. \n\nThe former crossbench senator told Sky News the company has been accused of “all sorts of things that is simply not backed by the evidence” and it has “done the right thing” in terms of working hard to deliver the best tech solutions. \n\n'Their reputation ought to be defended because they haven’t been treated fairly,” Mr Xenophon said on Monday. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »

Leonardo DiCaprio hits back at claim he funded Amazon wildfiresLeonardo DiCaprio has refuted bizarre and false claims from Brazil's right-wing president Jair Bolsonaro that the actor financed the wildfires in the Amazon. 9News
Read more »

Huawei claims 1500 'quiet Australians' to lose jobs due to 5G banHuawei claims 1500 'quiet Australians' to lose jobs due to 5G banHuawei Technologies Australia chief executive Hudson Liu has taken a direct swipe at the Morrison government
Read more »

Facebook adds 'correction' to post under new Singapore fake news lawFacebook adds 'correction' to post under new Singapore fake news lawFacebook adds a correction notice to a user's social media post that Singapore's Government said contained false information.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 18:55:59