FBI Releases Declassified File Of Probe Into Possible 9/11 Saudi Government Links

Australia News News

FBI Releases Declassified File Of Probe Into Possible 9/11 Saudi Government Links
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 HuffPostWomen
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 68%

A lawyer for the families of 9/11 victims said conclusions 'validate arguments we have made in litigation regarding the Saudi government’s responsibility.'

is a summary of an FBI interview done in 2015 with a man who had frequent contact with Saudi nationals in the U.S. who supported the first hijackers to arrive in the country before the attacks.

The Saudi government has long denied any involvement in the attacks. The Saudi Embassy in Washington has it supported the full declassification of all records as a way to “end the baseless allegations against the Kingdom once and for all.” The embassy said that any allegation that Saudi Arabia was complicit was “The trove of documents are being released at a politically delicate time for the U.S.

“This document, together with the public evidence gathered to date, provides a blueprint for how [al Qaeda] operated inside the US with the active, knowing support of the Saudi government,” he said. The U.S. investigated some Saudi diplomats and others with Saudi government ties who knew hijackers after they arrived in the U.S., according to documents that have already been declassified.

In February 2000, shortly after their arrival in southern California, they encountered at a halal restaurant a Saudi national named Omar al-Bayoumi who helped them find and lease an apartment in San Diego, had ties to the Saudi government and had earlier attracted FBI scrutiny.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

HuffPostWomen /  🏆 27. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

FBI releases first 9/11 document after Biden order - CNNFBI releases first 9/11 document after Biden order - CNNThe Federal Bureau of Investigation released the first document related to its investigation of the 9/11 attacks on the United States and suspected Saudi government support for the hijackers, following an executive order by President Joe Biden, CNN reported late on Saturday.
Read more »

FBI releases first 9/11 document after Biden orderFBI releases first 9/11 document after Biden orderThe Federal Bureau of Investigation on Saturday released the first of what is expected to be several documents related to its investigation of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and suspected Saudi government support for the hijackers, following an executive order by President Joe Biden.
Read more »

FBI releases declassified 9/11 document after Biden orderFBI releases declassified 9/11 document after Biden orderThe FBI on Saturday released the first document related to its investigation of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and allegations of Saudi government support for the hijackers, following an executive order by President Joe Biden.
Read more »

Biden releases video commemorating 9/11 attacks ahead of 20th anniversaryBiden releases video commemorating 9/11 attacks ahead of 20th anniversaryPresident Joe Biden paid tribute to the victims of the September 11 terror attacks in a short video address on Friday, saying ahead of the attacks' 20th anniversary that the 'central lesson' of 9/11 is that national unity is America's greatest strength.
Read more »

FBI unveils first document linked to 9/11 attacks investigation – reportFBI unveils first document linked to 9/11 attacks investigation – reportFederal Bureau of Investigation releases first document related to its probe of 9/11 attacks on US and suspected Saudi support for hijackers, following an order by President Joe Biden, CNN reports.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 00:55:55