'He is satisfied': Australian gangster's widow welcomes guilty verdict

Australia News News

'He is satisfied': Australian gangster's widow welcomes guilty verdict
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 smh
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 66 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 30%
  • Publisher: 80%

'He is satisfied': Sydney gangster's widow welcomes guilty verdict | latikambourke

Macris was gunned down while sitting in his wife's black smart car that was parked outside his home in Voula on October 31, 2018, in what is thought to have been a contract killing.Spyros Bakalis

It is still unknown why a contract may have been taken out on Macris' life, but there has been a long-standing war amongst the Greek mafia. In a Greek court overnight, Yuliyanov J Raychev Serafim, a 33-year-old from Bulgaria, was found guilty and sentenced to life in jail for gunning down Macris, and an additional two years' imprisonment for carrying a gun, a total sentence of 18 years.His 36-year-old brother, Milen Raychev, who helped carry out the crime by driving the getaway car — a Nissan Pulsar rented in Serafim's name — was sentenced to 10 years in jail. However, he is expected to serve just three years in custody.

Macris' wife, model Viktoria Karyda, wept outside the court after the sentence was delivered and said she was satisfied justice had been served. "What my husband, who sees and listens to everything from the sky, wanted, happened," the mother-of-two said through tears.Bulgarian national Yuliyanov J Raychev Serafim, 33, was convicted of gunning down Sydney man John Macris in Athens in 2018.Macris' mother was minding his two young children inside the home at the time of the murder. Macris spent time in prison in Australia but had a clean record in Greece, where his security and cleaning company bid for government contracts.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

smh /  🏆 6. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

China puts Australia on notice over wheat exports as it plans 'enhanced' inspectionsChina puts Australia on notice over wheat exports as it plans 'enhanced' inspectionsAustralian wheat producers are being dragged into the growing political and trade tussle between Canberra and Beijing, after China warns it will put Australian exports under the microscope.
Read more »

Summer's biggest sporting events on a knife's edgeVictorian premier Dan Andrews has picked apart the big decisions ahead for the Melbourne Cup, Boxing Day Test and Australian Open! 9WWOS
Read more »

NSW records nine new cases; Queensland doctors defend funeral decisionNSW records nine new cases; Queensland doctors defend funeral decisionNSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the Queensland border closure was hurting people on both sides as the number of cases of community transmission remained low | rachelclun LydiaLynch101
Read more »

'Unacceptable' delay in addressing assaults in aged care'Unacceptable' delay in addressing assaults in aged careNew data shows more than 100 elderly Australians in care are still being assaulted every week.
Read more »

Debt fears over Victoria's $3b business relief planDebt fears over Victoria's $3b business relief planThe state government's rescue package has been welcomed, but there are warnings of problems down the track.
Read more »

Australian teenager Oscar Piastri wins Formula 3 world championshipAustralian teenager Oscar Piastri wins Formula 3 world championshipThe 19 year old, a protege of Australian motor sport great Mark Webber, secures the 2020 Formula 3 title following a dramatic season finale in Italy.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 10:45:29