Hiding in cupboards and garages, playing Pokemon Go and dining at KFC. Some Victorians are blatantly flaunting stage three restrictions, as police issue more than 500 fines. epearson_3 and paulsakkal report.
They include 34 people fined for a party at a short-term rental in La Trobe Street in the CBD last Thursday night. The owner was this week issued with a penalty notice for permitting the party to occur, Mr Nugent said.
"The time for discretion is over, any blatant deliberate breach of the restrictions will result in an infringement notice being issued. Mr Nugent said that, of those checked, 151 motorists had been fined for breaching stay-at-home directions.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Hiding in cupboards, eating KFC - cops reveal 'blatant' rule breakingPolice are finding Victorians hiding in cupboards and garages, playing Pokemon Go and eating KFC in blatant flaunting of the state’s stage three restrictions
Read more »
Hiding in cupboards, eating KFC - cops reveal 'blatant' rule breakingPolice are finding Victorians hiding in cupboards and garages, playing Pokemon Go and eating KFC in blatant flaunting of the state’s stage three restrictions
Read more »
Victorian sex workers, party-goers fined amid stage-three lockdown | Sky News AustraliaDeputy Commissioner Rick Nugent says Victorian police officers are finding partygoers hiding in cupboards and garages and even sex workers who continue to operate despite strict COVID-19 restrictions. \n\nCommissioner Nugent issued a stern warning to the people of Victoria on Wednesday, saying “the time for discretion is over and any deliberate breach of the restrictions will result in an infringement issued”. \n\nSince last Wednesday - when stage-three lockdowns were reintroduced in Melbourne - Commissioner Nugent said 351 fines were issued to Victorians for breaching restrictions.\n\n“Last Thursday night in Latrobe Street, police were called due to the noise and issued 10 infringement notices and moved people on, they were later called back and issued another 24 infringement notices,” he said. \n\n“And this morning the owner of the short-term rental was issued with an infringement notice for leasing out the property for that purpose. \n\n“As for visiting massage parlours and undertaking sex work, since the restrictions commenced, we’ve issued over 40 infringement notices to individuals visiting those premises,” he said. \n\n“And additionally, two business infringements have been issued, that’s over $10,000 fines issued to those businesses.” \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »
Instagram model exposes NBA bubble madnessFair to say, NBA players are really struggling with the 'bubble' concept. 😳 9WWOS
Read more »
New rules rule: Players' poll reveals strong support for changesOverall support for referees is on the up, with players rating the whistle-blowers' performance better than previous years according to the 2020 Players' Poll.
Read more »
238 new cases in VictoriaHealth authorities have confirmed a link between two coronavirus cases in Black Lives Matter protest attendees and a cluster of at least 242 cases in Melbourne. Here's everything you need to know:
Read more »