Iran's supreme leader: No talk with the US at any level

Australia News News

Iran's supreme leader: No talk with the US at any level
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 ABC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 44 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 51%

Iran's supreme leader announces that 'there will be no talks with the U.S. at any level.'

Iran's supreme leader announced on Tuesday that"there will be no talks with the U.S. at any level" — remarks apparently meant to end all speculation about a possible U.S.-Iran meeting between the two countries' presidents at the U.N. later this month.

There had been reports about a possible meeting between President Donald Trump and his Iranian counterpart, Hassan Rouhani, during the upcoming U.N. General Assembly this month in New York. The attack on Saudi Arabia, which set ablaze a crucial Saudi oil processing plant and a key oil field, was claimed by Yemen's Iranian-allied Houthi rebels, who are at war with a Saudi-led coalition that is trying to restore Yemen's internationally recognized government to power.

The Saudi government called the attack an"unprecedented act of aggression and sabotage" but stopped short of directly pinning blame on Iran. American officials released satellite images of the damage at the heart of the kingdom's Abqaiq processing plant and a key oil field, and two U.S. officials said the attackers used multiple cruise missiles and drone aircraft.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ABC /  🏆 471. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Energy prices spike after Saudi oil attack, U.S. blaming IranEnergy prices spike after Saudi oil attack, U.S. blaming IranGlobal energy prices spiked on Monday after a weekend attack on key oil facilities in Saudi Arabia caused the worst disruption to world supplies on record, an assault for which President Donald Trump warned that the U.S. was 'locked and loaded' to respond.
Read more »

U.S. envoy tells U.N. Security Council indications Iran behind Saudi oil attacksU.S. envoy tells U.N. Security Council indications Iran behind Saudi oil attacksU.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Kelly Craft told the Security Council on M...
Read more »

U.S. points at Iran in Saudi oil strike; Tehran denies allegations and rejects Trump talksU.S. points at Iran in Saudi oil strike; Tehran denies allegations and rejects Trump talksGlobal energy prices rise after attack on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, and President Trump warns that the U.S. is 'locked and loaded' to respond.
Read more »

U.S. lawmakers blast Iran, wary of war, after Saudi oil attackU.S. lawmakers blast Iran, wary of war, after Saudi oil attackMembers of the U.S. Congress blasted Iran after the attack on Saudi Arabian oil ...
Read more »

Attack on a major Saudi oil facility was launched from Iran, U.S. intelligence showsAttack on a major Saudi oil facility was launched from Iran, U.S. intelligence showsA Congressional source says Democrats familiar with the details do not dispute that the attack was carried out by Iran—an important signal of bipartisan agreement.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 02:10:15