Tim Tszyu’s dream of a world title shot will become a reality after an agreement was struck for him to take on undisputed world super welterweight champion Jermell Charlo.
The two camps have reached a financial agreement to make the bout happen, with only the date and location yet to be determined. Tszyu will have the chance to take all four major belts away from the American and become just the ninth undisputed world champion across all weight divisions since the four-belt era began in 2004.after suffering a points loss to Devin Haney last Sunday, although “Ferocious” has a rematch clause he plans to trigger.
“They told us that they have an agreement and that they are looking for a date because big fights are coming and this is one of them,” Valcarcel said. Tszyu junior now gets a chance to cause an upset of his own against another brash American considered among the biggest pound-for-pound stars in the sport.“This is the moment every kid dreams of,” Tszyu said at the time. “The best thing about it is [Charlo] reckons it will be a walk in the park. I can guarantee you that this is no walk in the park for him.”Charlo unified the division when he stopped Argentine Brian Castano in California last month.
“He’s just the typical, flashy, talk smack-type guy,” Tszyu said. “There’s no better way to shut him up than to punch him in the face. That’s what I want to do.