Jetstar forced to cancel more flights due to crew strikes | Sky News Australia

Australia News News

Jetstar forced to cancel more flights due to crew strikes | Sky News Australia
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 SkyNewsAust
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 14 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 9%
  • Publisher: 78%

Thousands of travelers are set to face lengthy delays with Jetstar cancelling more flights due to strikes.

Thousands of travellers are set to face lengthy delays after Jetstar on Wednesday announced the cancellation of more flights due to worker strikes.

Up to 28 domestic flights will be cancelled across the country from Thursday morning as hundreds of baggage handlers and ground crew prepare to walk off the job. The action is in response to failed attempts to resolve an ongoing wage dispute. Image: News Corp Australia

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SkyNewsAust /  🏆 7. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Global climate summits want to ‘beat up on’ Australia | Sky News AustraliaGlobal climate summits want to ‘beat up on’ Australia | Sky News AustraliaCoalition backbencher Craig Kelly said despite not achieving much, UN summits want to criticise Australia’s response to climate change.\n\nThe COP25, which was the longest ever UN climate talks, reached a conclusion this week with delegates unable to reach a tangible plan to reduce global emissions.\n\nMr Kelly told Sky News despite the government meeting its emission reduction targets, summits like COP25 want to “beat up” on Australia.
Read more »

Jetstar sheds flights amid wage stoush | Sky News AustraliaJetstar sheds flights amid wage stoush | Sky News AustraliaJetstar is slashing 10 per cent of its domestic flights in January after failing to resolve a wage dispute with its pilots and baggage handlers.\n\nWorkers will take protected industrial action again on Thursday, after walking off the job last week.\n\nThe company said cutting its flight schedules would reduce disruption to passengers who will be able to reschedule flights or get refunds. \n\nThe industrial action is expected to cost the airline between $20-25 million.\n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »

Home | Sky News AustraliaHome | Sky News AustraliaBREAKING: APRA has launched a second investigation into Westpac. It will examine whether Westpac, its directors and/or senior managers were behind breaches of the banking act that were revealed last month. MORE TO COME:
Read more »

Economic report forecasts 'one of the slowest growth periods since the GFC' | Sky News AustraliaEconomic report forecasts 'one of the slowest growth periods since the GFC' | Sky News AustraliaChief Market Strategist at InvestSMART Evan Lucas says “we are possibly seeing the forecast for what is going to be one of the slowest growth periods since the GFC”.\n\nTreasurer Josh Frydenberg revised down the next four years of projected budget surpluses due to a slowing economy wiping $22 billion from the government’s May forecast. \n\nMr Lucas told Sky News the government “remains prudent” with regards to how it is managing the economy, but its “expectations” for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 “had someone like me really sitting up and thinking ‘wow’”. \n\nThe Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal update, released on Monday, revealed the economic outlook was worse than expected, with growth forecast for wages and the economy also drastically downgraded.\n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »

Up to 20 homes lost in out-of-control NSW fires | Sky News AustraliaUp to 20 homes lost in out-of-control NSW fires | Sky News AustraliaNSW RFS Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons says up to 20 homes have been lost in out-of-control fires burning north of Sydney overnight. \n\nMr Fitzsimmons told Sky News crews worked over the weekend to secure protection for surrounding communities, however Sunday’s conditions “saw a dramatic escalation of fire activity” with potentially 'dozens of buildings damaged or destroyed”.\n\nThe NSW RFS Commissioner said more than one hundred fires were burning in the state and “more than half of those are not contained”. \n\nMs Fitzsimmons said teams would undertake a detailed analysis of the damage when the area was declared safe. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 23:09:54