Latest Liu accusations ‘guilt by association’ rather than ‘smoking gun’ | Sky News Australia

Australia News News

Latest Liu accusations ‘guilt by association’ rather than ‘smoking gun’ | Sky News Australia
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 SkyNewsAust
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 23 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 78%

Sky News contributor Andrew Clennell says the latest accusations regarding Gladys Liu are “guilt by association rather than a smoking gun”. Credlin

Sky News contributor Andrew Clennell says the latest accusations regarding Gladys Liu are “guilt by association rather than a smoking gun". It comes after The Sydney Morning Herald reported Ms Liu was allegedly involved in securing access to the federal government for a company endorsed by the Chinese Communist Party.

That company, Brighsun, was reported by the Nine newspaper to have alleged links to a major organised crime probe. Mr Clennell said journalists continuing to dig around the issue of Ms Liu's alleged links to China is “what happens” when the Coalition only has a two-seat majority. “Every individual MP’s problems or faults suddenly become larger than life,” he said. “They become a much larger deal than they ordinarily would be.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SkyNewsAust /  🏆 7. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Australia is ‘not getting any smarter’ over climate change | Sky News AustraliaAustralia is ‘not getting any smarter’ over climate change | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Chris Kenny says “we are not getting any smarter” when it comes to climate change, saying the debate gets “dumber and dumber”.\n\n“There has always been more politics, more posturing, and more emotion in these debates than there has ever been facts and reason,” he said.\n\nMr Kenny accused the ABC of “telling outright lies about this year's fires being ‘unprecedented’ and about conditions being worse than ever”.\n\n“We pay these people,” he said.\n\n“They retain relevant information like goldfish while flapping around like seals.”\n
Read more »

Australia has a 'real problem' with 'hardened terrorists' | Sky News AustraliaAustralia has a 'real problem' with 'hardened terrorists' | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Peta Credlin says the London Bridge terror “atrocity” has shown lawmakers that “hardened terrorists” can’t just be “released back into the community” after their jail term has finished.\n\nIt follows recent comments by Jeremy Corbyn saying convicted terrorists should 'not necessarily' automatically serve their full prison sentences. \n\nThe Labour leader's remarks came in the wake of Friday's London Bridge terror attack, which left two people dead. \n\nThe perpetrator - Usman Khan - was a former prisoner - convicted of plotting to bomb the London Stock Exchange and had been freed from jail for almost a year when the attack took place.\n\nThe Sky News host said she has been “highly critical” of the effectiveness of deradicalisation programs for convicted terrorists. \n\nMs Credlin noted the “increasing evidence” showing few released terrorists “really repent of their crimes or drop the evil ideology behind them”. \n\n“So, what are we going to do about hardened terrorists, who still believe in death to the infidel, once their sentences are over?” Ms Credlin said. \n\n“So far the only thing we know that works is to keep them locked up”.\n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

Folau and Rugby Australia 'have both come out winners' | Sky News AustraliaFolau and Rugby Australia 'have both come out winners' | Sky News AustraliaSky News contributor Andrew Clennell says he believes the settlement between Israel Folau and Rugby Australia “is the best possible outcome that could have occurred”. \n\nRugby Australia and Israel Folau reached a confidential settlement on Wednesday, drawing to an end a damaging saga for both parties.\n\nBoth parties apologised in a statement and wished each other well for the future.\n\n“I think they both won,” Mr Clennell told Sky News host Peta Credlin. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

Home | Sky News AustraliaHome | Sky News AustraliaBREAKING: Northern Territory Police have discovered a body south of Alice Springs believed to be that of Claire Hockridge who had been missing for more than two weeks. MORE:
Read more »

'The people are incredibly worried' over the Murray Darling Plan | Sky News Australia'The people are incredibly worried' over the Murray Darling Plan | Sky News Australia‘Can the Plan’ Co-Organiser Jan Beer says the turnout of farmers demanding the government address the controversial Murray Darling Plan, just shows 'people are incredibly worried about their future'. \n\nOn Monday, thousands of farmers from across the country descended on Canberra — demanding the government scrap or amend the plan.\n\n'It has taken us so many years to make the media take notice,' Mr Beer told Sky News host Paul Murray. \n\n'We also needed to put pressure on the federal politicians to acknowledge that there are so many faults in the Basin plan,' Ms Beer said. \n\nMs Beer described the response by the farmers as being 'incredible'. \n\n'I would say there would be four to five thousand people there and we had in excess of a hundred trucks'. \n\nMs Beer said the meeting with Water Resources David Littleproud and Environment Minister Sussan Ley left her 'with steam coming out of my ears'. \n\n'They continuously passed the buck'. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia\n
Read more »

Trump 'is constantly under attack' | Sky News AustraliaTrump 'is constantly under attack' | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Chris Kenny says US President Donald Trump is “constantly under attack” by the Democrats and sections of the media, but as usual he has been “typically dismissive” of them. \n\nOn Monday, reports stated the President will not be attending impeachment hearings on Wednesday. \n\nThe impeachment is investigating claims President Donald Trump withheld aid from Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into political rival Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.\n\n“Two months after the inquiry was announced, what has been revealed?” Mr Kenny said. \n\nMr Kenny said sections of the media are “so obsessed with bringing down Trump”. \n\n“Having gotten it so wrong on ‘RussiaGate,’ you'd think the media might have learned from their mistakes”. \n\nImage: Getty \n
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 20:58:45