Live: NSW Now: Police check homes to ensure returned travellers are self-isolating, surfer missing at Coogee

Australia News News

Live: NSW Now: Police check homes to ensure returned travellers are self-isolating, surfer missing at Coogee
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 22 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 83%

MORNING BRIEFING: NSW Police officers visit hundreds of homes to ensure people are following public health orders to self-isolate after returning from Victoria, and a search resumes for a surfer missing at Coogee Beach.

NSW Police has visited about 300 homes in 24 hours to make sure people who have returned from Victoria are self-isolating.The NSW Government last week introduced requirements under a public health order for those returning to NSW from Victoria to self-isolate for a period of 14 days.

Woolworths has confirmed a staff member from its Bowral store in the Southern Highlands has tested positive to COVID-19.Woolworths said in a statement the staff member last worked at the store on Sunday but did not show any symptoms at the time. "I know what people think of us, that we're low-lifes, living like we're dirty but we're just like everyone else trying to stay clean and safe," she said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Pub patrons should take responsibility: NSW Police | Sky News AustraliaPub patrons should take responsibility: NSW Police | Sky News AustraliaNew South Wales Police Minister David Elliott says “if we have to close hotels and clubs again, the patrons will have to take some of the ownership of that” after a several COVID-19 cases were linked to a pub in Sydney.\n\nAuthorities have linked an additional five cases of the coronavirus to a cluster at a pub in Sydney’s north-west, taking the total to 14. \n\nHundreds have presented themselves for tested at a pop-up clinic at the cluster’s source, the Crossroads Hotel in Casula, as authorities work to contain the spread of the virus.\n\n“I was briefed that there were another 177 cases in Victoria,” Mr Elliott said.\n\n“If that occurs in New South Wales, we will have to continue to look at what restrictions need to be reintroduced and that would be devastating, particularly to the hospitality industry.”\n
Read more »

Live: NSW Now: Villawood guards' visit to Crossroads Hotel under spotlight, severe weather warning for SydneyLive: NSW Now: Villawood guards' visit to Crossroads Hotel under spotlight, severe weather warning for SydneyMORNING BRIEFING: Refugee advocates call on authorities to explain whether guards from the Villawood detention centre worked shifts at the facility after attending the Crossroads Hotel in Sydney's south west, the site of a coronavirus cluster.
Read more »

Live: Angst over NSW clusters as other states question reopening of bordersLive: Angst over NSW clusters as other states question reopening of bordersSouth Australian Premier Steven Marshall says there are 'question marks' over a planned border reopening on July 20 as NSW deals with new coronavirus clusters. Follow live.
Read more »

Quick increase of COVID-19 cases in NSW a concern for health authorities | Sky News AustraliaQuick increase of COVID-19 cases in NSW a concern for health authorities | Sky News AustraliaAMA President Dr Tony Bartone says the quick increase of COVID-19 cases in Sydney is a significant concern for health authorities.\n\nThree household contacts of a man who attended a Sydney pub has tested positive to coronavirus, triggering fears of large-scale community transmission in NSW. \n\nTwo patrons who visited the Crossroads Hotel in Casula have been diagnosed after attending the venue last Friday night. \n\nThe recent outbreaks in NSW pose a worry considering the growing number of coronavirus cases in Victoria, with over 500 new cases appearing over the weekend alone. \n\nDr Bartone said abiding by the guidelines and measures which saw the nation through the first wave was the best way Australians could go about fighting the spread of the deadly virus while awaiting a possible vaccine. \n\n “Regardless of the development and time frame of the vaccine, we’re going to have to learn to live with COVID-19 in our community for many, many months and perhaps the best part of a year or more before the whole community can be immunised against COVID-19,” he said. \n\n“We’ve got to learn to live with the virus, respect its virulence, its power, its sneakiness, and never forget those key measures and guidelines which have gotten us through the first wave.”\n
Read more »

Sydney expects burst of wind and rain while heavy snow and dangerous surf to hit NSWSydney expects burst of wind and rain while heavy snow and dangerous surf to hit NSWNSW's ski resorts get their best snow of the season but coastal areas can expect a soaking reaching northwards to Sydney and beyond in coming days.
Read more »

Two infected Victorians visited these venues in NSWTwo infected Victorians visited these venues in NSWTwo people with coronavirus went to several venues in NSW over a number of days, it’s been revealed, with anyone at those sites now at risk.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 04:59:49