Contact tracers are racing to figure out where a “concerning” new case of coronavirus came from as the state’s biggest cluster grew again.
The Kings Park Apartment Complex in Southbank was hit by coronavirus cases earlier this month after an aged care worker inadvertently gave the virus to a neighbour.
The final case reported in Victoria’s five locally acquired numbers today was a nurse who works at Epping Private Hospital.“We have identified overnight a positive case of a nurse at a private hospital, one of the nursing and caring supporting residents who were relocated there 10 days ago,” he said.
The cluster of cases meant the apartment complex was now listed as a Tier 1 exposure site from June 2 to June 14. “There was reason to believe, both from genomic sequencing and from the epidemiology of these cases, possible exposure sites around a smaller number of internal facilities,” Health Minister Martin Foley said.
Local residents line up for Covid testing near the Southbank complex. Picture: NCA NewsWire / David CroslingHealth authorities believe the virus was transmitted in common areas at the Kings Park complex.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Southbank complex locked down as testing blitz reveals two new COVID-19 casesTwo new cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Victoria, both linked to a cluster in a Southbank townhouse complex. The residential block is being locked down for 14 days and has been listed as a tier-1 exposure site.
Read more »
Melbourne apartment complex locked down following discovery of two new coronavirus casesAll residents of a Melbourne CBD townhouse complex will enter lockdown for the next 14 days after two more people who live there tested positive for COVID-19.
Read more »
‘The greatest race in history’: King Kyle locked in for Tokyo rumbleKyle Chalmers will defend his Olympic 100m freestyle gold medal after a powerhouse swim at the trials in Adelaide, sending him on a collision course with American superstar Caeleb Dressell | phillutton78 SMHsport
Read more »
Melbourne apartment complex locked down following discovery of two new coronavirus casesAll residents of a Melbourne CBD townhouse complex will enter lockdown for the next 14 days after two more people who live there tested positive for COVID-19.
Read more »
Southbank complex locked down as testing blitz reveals two new COVID-19 casesTwo new cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Victoria, both linked to a cluster in a Southbank townhouse complex. The residential block is being locked down for 14 days and has been listed as a tier-1 exposure site.
Read more »
Victoria COVID LIVE updates: State records three new local cases; Southbank apartment cluster growsBreaking: Victoria has recorded three new cases of COVID-19 on top of the two announced yesterday afternoon. There are 55 active cases in the state. Follow our live coronavirus coverage, free for all readers. VicCOVID VicLockdown coronavirus
Read more »