Sky News host Chris Kenny says the recent London Bridge terror attack “was terrible but of course not surprising”. KennyOnSunday
Sky News host Chris Kenny says the recent London Bridge terror attack “was terrible but of course not surprising”. The attack claimed the lives of two people, and the man who carried out the rampage, Usman Khan, who was a former prisoner convicted of plotting to bomb the London Stock Exchange, was shot dead by police.
“This is what we have become inured to, Islamist terrorists deciding they have to kill innocent people as part of their hateful destiny,” Mr Kenny said. Mr Kenny criticised the fact the attacker, “who was a known Islamic terrorist,” and “who had been convicted on terror offences” was allowed to be released from prison. Usman Khan had been free for almost a year, and was wearing an electronic tag, when he was shot dead by police.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
At least one dead, several injured in London Bridge terror attack | Sky News AustraliaAt least one member of the public has been killed in a terror attack on London Bridge in the UK.\n\nSeveral people were injured after the man began attacking people with a knife before being shot dead by police.\n\nFootage showed members of the public attempting to detain the suspect and taking possession of the bladed weapon.\n\nAn explosive device was strapped to the man's body but police later confirmed it was fake.\n\nBritish Prime Minister Boris Johnson has praised the 'bravery' of Metropolitan emergency services and members of the public who intervened in the attack.\n\nImage: AP
Read more »
London Bridge terror attack an example of 'judicial failings' | Sky News AustraliaThe UK judicial system failed when it allowed convicted terrorist Usman Khan, who carried out a deadly attack on London Bridge on Friday, out early despite warnings that he posed a risk to the public.\n\nThe 28-year-old was a convicted terrorist who was released from prison less than 12 months ago.\n\nHe killed two people during a rampage on Friday before being shot dead by police.\n\nIn 2012, Khan pleaded guilty to preparing an act of terror, namely travelling to and attending operational meetings, fundraising for terrorist training, preparing to travel abroad and assisting others in travelling abroad.\n\nSky News host Rita Panahi said the decision to release Khan in the first place was 'not good enough'.\n\n'This is the system in the UK, it's not good enough,' she said.\n\n\n\n\n
Read more »
London Bridge attack: What we know so farArmed police shot a man dead after a suspected terrorist attack sent hundreds of people running for their lives in the heart of London. This is what we know so far.
Read more »
'Heroes' of the London Bridge terror attack applauded for braveryBritish Prime Minister and emergency services praise small group of civilians for their 'heroic' efforts in stopping the LondonBridge terror attack suspect. 9News
Read more »
London Bridge attack: Two people killed by knifeman, police shoot suspect deadThe BBC reports that two people were killed in the stabbing rampage on London Bridge with the suspect shot dead by police after he was disarmed by bystanders.
Read more »