Major operation underway to repatriate thousands of quaratined Australians | Sky News Australia

Australia News News

Major operation underway to repatriate thousands of quaratined Australians | Sky News Australia
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 SkyNewsAust
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 11 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 8%
  • Publisher: 78%

A major operation is underway to release thousands of Australians from hotel quarantine and facilitate their safe travel home.

About 1300 travellers who were forced into mandatory quarantine on arrival to Australia will be allowed to return home today after 14 days inside a hotel room.

With domestic flights slashed due to travel restrictions, only some travelers will be able to fly home, while others will need to arrange alternative routes to their home state. Image: News Corp Australia

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SkyNewsAust /  🏆 7. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

EXCLUSIVE: George Pell interview to air on Sky News Australia | Sky News AustraliaEXCLUSIVE: George Pell interview to air on Sky News Australia | Sky News AustraliaCardinal George Pell will give the world unprecedented insight into his lengthy criminal saga after the High Court of Australia quashed every child sex conviction which had sent him to prison for more than 400 days.\n\nSky News Australia host Andrew Bolt will conduct the interview after spending years covering the story and reporting issues with the original convictions.\n\nCardinal Pell – who has always maintained his innocence – will finally tell his side of the story which has gripped the world.\n\nThis must-see televised interview will air on Sky News Australia at 7pm on Tuesday, April 14.
Read more »

Australians mustn't 'stuff up our fantastic combating of coronavirus over Easter' | Sky News AustraliaAustralians mustn't 'stuff up our fantastic combating of coronavirus over Easter' | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Paul Murray says the nation is 'winning this war' against the deadly coronavirus pandemic but has urged Australians to not 'stuff it up' during the Easter long weekend. \n\n'We have done a fantastic job in Australia of defeating the coronavirus,' Mr Murray said. \n\n'We are winning this war'. \n\nHe said it was 'absolutely clear' Australians shouldn't ruin the good work which has been achieved so far in combating the deadly pandemic by socialising in large family gatherings this Easter period. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

Australia needs to 'lift the shackles' and exit the Paris Agreement | Sky News AustraliaAustralia needs to 'lift the shackles' and exit the Paris Agreement | Sky News AustraliaThe coronavirus crisis has exacerbated the need for Australia to ditch the Paris Agreement and “the anti-energy craziness” of the Left in order to flourish in a post-pandemic world, according to Sky News host Rowan Dean. \n\nMr Dean says while China is beginning to ramp up its manufacturing sector, Australia is busy 'smothering its economy.'\n\nHe said the crisis is an opportunity for the government recalibrate the economy.\n\n'Now is the time to pull out of the Paris Agreement, slash bureaucracy, free up our employment laws to encourage individuality not uniformity, encourage ambition, creativity and enterprise,' Mr Dean said.\n\n
Read more »

Boris Johnson's improving health 'is good news all round': Murray | Sky News AustraliaBoris Johnson's improving health 'is good news all round': Murray | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Paul Murray says a recent report stating Boris Johnson's condition is improving in intensive care following his coronavirus scare is 'good news for him and good news for the UK'.\n\nBoris Johnson was admitted to St Thomas' Hospital in London 10 days after testing positive for COVID-19 however he was transferred on Sunday, local time, to intensive care due to his worsening condition. \n\nA recent BBC report started his condition was improving as his intensive care treatment continues. \n\nMr Murray said the British people 'need the leader who they so emphatically voted for last year'. \n\nImage: AP
Read more »

'It seems like the rugby league is back': NRL scheduled for May return | Sky News Australia'It seems like the rugby league is back': NRL scheduled for May return | Sky News AustraliaSky News Political Editor Andrew Clennell says the NRL is looking to base all of its teams in Sydney as the league aims to restart the season 'on either May 28 or June 4' despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. \n\nThe NRL Commission had earmarked May 21 as a possible date for the season to recommence following its suspension earlier this year in a bid to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19. \n\n'What's been put to me is the NRL season is likely to start on either May 28 or June 4,' Mr Clennell told Sky News. \n\n'This really does sound real at this time'. \n\nMr Clennell said one possible reason the dates have been suggested are so the New Zealand Warriors can come to Australia and self-isolate before the recommencement of the season. \n\n'This is good news going into the Easter long weekend,' he said. \n\nMr Clennell said it is believed the teams would be based in Sydney, 'in a central location where they could isolate'. \n\n'I don't know where the location in Sydney would be ... I would speculate myself that Sydney Olympic Park wouldn't be a bad place'. \n\n'It sounds like the rugby league season is going ahead'. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

World Health Organisation’s boss ‘continually does China’s bidding’: Kenny | Sky News AustraliaWorld Health Organisation’s boss ‘continually does China’s bidding’: Kenny | Sky News AustraliaSky News host Chris Kenny says WHO General Manager Tedros Adhanom has tried to “hit back” at the staunch criticism levelled against the organisation and himself however he won’t talk about “his efforts to keep Beijing happy”. \n\nDr Adhanom recently responded to calls he should resign for failing to condemn China’s role in covering up the coronavirus crisis which has since killed more than 87,000 people.\n\nMr Kenny said during the COVID-19 pandemic the WHO has produced an “appalling performance,” saying it “kowtowed” to China and “criticised countries like Australia for restricting travel from China”. \n\nHe said Dr Adhanom has now shifted the debate to try and ensure the United States and China “work together” to tackle the pandemic. \n\nMr Kenny said the WHO boss, “has continually done China's bidding, (had a) delayed international reaction, and helped leave countries like the US exposed” to the COVID-19 threat. \n\nImage: AP
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 19:43:24