Melbourne in stage four for further two weeks but regional Victorian restrictions to ease

Australia News News

Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 9NewsAUS
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 53 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 72%

Melbourne will remain under stage four lockdown for at least a further two weeks, Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed. The extension will come into effect at 11.59pm on September 13 and will remain in place until September 28. 9News More:

In outlining the changes, Mr Andrews described how difficult this decision had been as he warned of the dire consequences of opening up too soon."The modelling that Allen will speak to in a moment indicates that if we open up too fast then we have a very high likelihood – a very high likelihood – that we are not really opening up at all, we are just beginning a third wave.

"New South Wales are not in the same place. There haven't been more than 13 cases a day in New South Wales since early August. At 60 or 100 cases a day in Victoria, we are not even close."Restrictions for Melbourne will be further eased from September 28, so long as coronavirus infections have reduced to between 30 to 50 daily cases before then.

"There are still some limits," Mr Andrews said, as he listed warehousing, postal services, the sort of distribution services and childcare as among the jobs to return. "They essentially moved to step two and then we will reassess based on total numbers over a 14-day period," he said. "It is fair to say Geelong is on close watch and we will monitor the cases in the Geelong area as we have done for many weeks now. We may have to treat Geelong separately. I'm giving people fair warning of that."It is unlikely Melbourne will return to geographical lockdowns in future, Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton has confirmed.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

9NewsAUS /  🏆 10. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Melbourne lockdown extended until September 28 | Sky News AustraliaMelbourne lockdown extended until September 28 | Sky News AustraliaThe Melbourne metropolitan area will stay under its strict stage four restrictions for at least another two weeks until September 28 but will see the evening curfew eased by one hour.\n\nPremier Daniel Andrews made the announcement on Sunday, where he outlined the state’s roadmap out.\n\n“From 11:59pm on the 13 September, we will have to extend out for two weeks the current stage four restrictions that Victorians are living under, this is for Metro Melbourne,” he said\n\nThe curfew will be slightly eased to 9:00pm and people will be allowed to exercise for two hours per day, \n\nFrom September 28 there will be second easing of restrictions.\n
Read more »

Melbourne will remain under stage four lockdown for at least a further two weeks: Here are the key steps on the road to recoveryPremier Daniel Andrews presented two separate 'five-step' roadmaps to recovery to 'COVID-normal', one for metropolitan Melbourne and one for regional Victoria. 9News
Read more »

Melbourne to stay under Stage 4 lockdown until end of September as coronavirus roadmap revealedMelbourne to stay under Stage 4 lockdown until end of September as coronavirus roadmap revealedPremier Daniel Andrews has revealed the government's pathway out of Stage 4 restrictions in Melbourne and Stage 3 throughout regional Victoria.
Read more »

Victoria's lockdown extended as Premier unveils roadmap out of stage fourVictoria's lockdown extended as Premier unveils roadmap out of stage fourVictoria's stage four restrictions will be extended for two weeks beyond the original end date of September 13, but there will be slight changes to the curfew and exercise allowances.
Read more »

Melbourne's four-step plan from stage 4 lockdown to 'COVID normal'Melbourne's four-step plan from stage 4 lockdown to 'COVID normal'Under the coronavirus restrictions roadmap released by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews, Melbourne will move through four steps before reaching 'COVID normal'.
Read more »

Everything you need to know about Melbourne’s stage four exit road mapEverything you need to know about Melbourne’s stage four exit road mapVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews has released a new road map out of stage four coronavirus restrictions – and the news is grim for Melburnians. COVID19
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 15:37:41