Norway bow-and-arrow attack suspect won't appear in court after being handed to health services

Australia News News

Norway bow-and-arrow attack suspect won't appear in court after being handed to health services
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 CNN
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 20 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 95%

The suspect in a deadly bow-and-arrow attack in Norway has been handed over to health services and won't appear in court on Friday, a police spokesperson told CNN.

Espen Andersen Bråthen, 37, has been charged over the attack, which took place in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg on Wednesday evening and left five people dead. Police have yet to reveal the charges he faces.Norwegian Police Security Service chief Hans Sverre Sjøvold told reporters on Thursday that the attack"appears as if it may be an act of terrorism" but noted that it is important the investigation goes ahead and"we get to clarify what the motives of the accused are.

"It was an act of terrorism, and this act that happened yesterday naturally reminds us of those who have experienced such terrible things and we will stand by them," he said.The Kongsberg attack"shows that our society is vulnerable," Gahr Støre said, as he stressed that it is"not good for us to conclude what is the motive, what is behind this action.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CNN /  🏆 4. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Several dead in Norway bow-and-arrow attack, man arrestedSeveral dead in Norway bow-and-arrow attack, man arrestedA man armed with a bow and arrows killed several people and wounded others in southeastern Norway on Wednesday, police said, adding that they had arrested the suspect.
Read more »

Suspect charged after 5 killed in Norway bow and arrow attack, police saySuspect charged after 5 killed in Norway bow and arrow attack, police saySeveral people have been killed and several were injured by an attacker in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg, 85km to the West of the capital Oslo, a press officer for Norwegian Police told CNN on Wednesday.
Read more »

Danish man suspected of killing five with bow-and-arrow in NorwayDanish man suspected of killing five with bow-and-arrow in NorwayA 37-year-old Danish citizen is suspected of killing five people in a bow-and-arrow attack in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg in a rare incident of mass killing in Norway, police said on Thursday.
Read more »

5 dead, 2 injured in random bow and arrow attack in Norway5 dead, 2 injured in random bow and arrow attack in NorwayAuthorities say a suspect is under arrest after a bow and arrow attack that killed five people and wounded two others in Norway.
Read more »

Norway bow-and-arrow attack being treated as terrorism, police sayNorway bow-and-arrow attack being treated as terrorism, police sayThe suspect in the Norway bow-and-arrow attack was a convert to Islam and police had been in contact with him before the killings on Wednesday over concerns about radicalization, police chief Ole Bredrup Sæverud said Thursday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 15:25:03