NSW records 10 new COVID-19 cases, two infected children linked to CBD cluster

Australia News News

NSW records 10 new COVID-19 cases, two infected children linked to CBD cluster
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 83%

Kincoppal-Rose Bay School of the Sacred Heart is closed tomorrow for contract tracing and cleaning is after two year 7 students test positive for COVID-19.

NSW has reported 10 new COVID-19 cases, including two schoolchildren linked to the Sydney CBD cluster.The cases are linked to the city cluster which has now infected 64 peopleKincoppal-Rose Bay School of the Sacred Heart is closed tomorrow while contract tracing and cleaning is undertaken after two year 7 students tested positive for COVID-19.

The school told parents on Saturday night it was working with health authorities to follow health advice. "Students, their families and school staff have been informed of the infection, and the school is working closely with NSW Health to ensure they receive appropriate medical support," the school said in a Facebook post.Of the 10 cases reported, two — a man in his 40s from northern Sydney and a child from Western Sydney — are under investigation.The school is being cleaned and contract tracing is underway.Four cases are returned travellers in hotel quarantine.

Four cases are linked to known clusters: three from the CBD cluster, while another is a contact of a previously reported case.NSW Health has also issued a health alert for the Hyde Park Medical Centre on Liverpool Street in the city.NSW Health is investigating whether there was exposure from the centre and its various practices and the ground floor pharmacy between the dates of August 24 to September 5.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Bondi Bowling Club fined $10,000 over COVID-19 breaches as NSW records five new casesBondi Bowling Club fined $10,000 over COVID-19 breaches as NSW records five new casesOfficials inspecting NSW businesses for compliance with COVID-19 safety plans say a new feedback portal will enable members of the public to report breaches.
Read more »

NSW Health issue COVID-19 alert for Sydney medical centre | Sky News AustraliaNSW Health issue COVID-19 alert for Sydney medical centre | Sky News AustraliaNew South Wales Health has issued a COVID-19 alert after two positive cases attended Hyde Park Medical Centre in Sydney's CBD. \n\nAll those who worked on the ground floor of 175 Liverpool Street since August 24 are being asked to immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is returned. \n\nPotential exposure is being assessed for anyone else who visited the physiotherapy, pathology, dermatology and dental practices and pharmacy from August 24 until the fifth of September. \n\nPatients considered to be close contacts are being asked to remain on high alert and go for testing if they develop even the slightest symptoms.\n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

UK records spike in daily COVID-19 cases | Sky News AustraliaUK records spike in daily COVID-19 cases | Sky News AustraliaThe United Kingdom has reported a further 1,813 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours.\n\nThe figure is slightly lower than Friday's tally of 1,940 which was the highest figure reported in the country since May 30. \n\nAuthorities have raised concern over the increase in daily numbers but say it is partly a result of an increase in Britain's testing capacity. \n\nA further 12 deaths have been reported, bringing the country's total to more than 41,500 fatalities. \n\nImage: AP
Read more »

Andrews says modelling shows COVID-19 surge if lockdown ends earlyAndrews says modelling shows COVID-19 surge if lockdown ends earlyMelbourne is likely to remain in stage four lockdown until well into October, after the Victorian government commissioned modelling showing that releasing restrictions too soon risks an explosion of coronavirus cases before Christmas.
Read more »

History tells us a 'keep calm and carry on' policy could be disastrous during COVID-19History tells us a 'keep calm and carry on' policy could be disastrous during COVID-19Everyone from the Prime Minister to columnists have urged Australians to 'keep calm and carry on' during the pandemic. But that famous slogan has a rather problematic history.
Read more »

Suspended Tigers players apologise for AFL COVID-19 protocol breachSuspended Tigers players apologise for AFL COVID-19 protocol breachSydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones say they're sorry after they were banned for 10 AFL matches, while the manager of one of the players says his client should not be responsible for paying Richmond's fine.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 02:19:28