Over the past six months, political observers have noticed Michael Gunner increasingly using looser language in interviews. Today he was forced to apologise after going one step further.
The presenter immediately asked Mr Gunner not to use such language during an afternoon broadcast when young people were listening."I believe you and your listeners are owed a formal apology for my language," Mr Gunner said."I know I can speak pretty casually but I should have remembered I was live on air.
The NT Government committed $50 million towards the iconic gallery in 2017, but the proposed project has been beset in controversy and delays. The Government's preferred site is the Anzac Hill precinct in the CBD, including the oval owned by the local council.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
'Very disappointing' to see Queensland pile-on: ACT Chief Minister | Sky News AustraliaACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr says it’s been “really disappointing” to see the Queensland pile-on, when very little was said about South Australia and Tasmania.\n\nSouth Australia announced it will lift its border restrictions to the ACT, but not to New South Wales.\n\n“I want to credit the South Australian Liberal premier, we’ve been able to work together constructively to get this positive outcome,” Mr Barr told Sky News.\n\n“We need more of that sort of engagement between the states and territories and less of the shouty politics as usual, tedious stuff that Australians are sick to the back teeth of at the moment.”\n
Read more »
'Blown to pieces': NT Police investigate unit explosion in DarwinAn explosion in the Darwin suburb of Parap is being investigated by NT Police, with neighbours saying they smelled gas and heard a massive bang just after 2:00am overnight.
Read more »
'We should have done better': NT Police apologise for failures in youth suicide, assault investigationsAn inquest examining the deaths of three teenage girls in separate remote communities hears police conducted 'flawed investigations' that failed to establish exactly what happened to the girls.
Read more »
Victorian chief health officer fronts hotel quarantine inquiry | Sky News AustraliaVictorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton has admitted to the inquiry into Melbourne’s hotel quarantine system that he did not know the program was going ahead prior to its announcement. \n\nPrime Minister Scott Morrison announced the program at a press conference on March 27, which Mr Sutton said he was not aware of until the announcement was made. \n\nThe chief health officer was also questioned on whether the quarantine system would have been more effective it the government had taken a recommendation made in 2011 following the 2009 swine flu pandemic. \n\nA prominent feature of the inquiry so far from those who assist set up the program was that it was done in a hasty and confusing manner. \n\nOne of the recommendations from the 2011 report was to implement a more unified approach to the quarantine process across the states and the Commonwealth.\n\nIn response to the report, Mr Sutton said he “absolutely took [the] point that consideration of this recommendation and a pre-existing ready to stand up program would have been of greater existence compared to setting up a program de novo”. \n\nHe also revealed to the inquiry he, at the time, had no view on using private security guards to secure the hotel quarantine and was not actually aware they were being employed until the outbreaks at the Stanford and Rydges hotels were reported. \n\nMr Sutton said in hindsight he could appreciate the difficulties of using a casual work force. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »
JPMorgan chief Jamie Dimon fears long-term effects of working from homeDimon's call comes amid a report JPMorgan sent some of its Manhattan workers home this week after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Read more »
JPMorgan chief Jamie Dimon fears long-term effects of working from homeDimon's call comes amid a report JPMorgan sent some of its Manhattan workers home this week after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Read more »