Pompeo Confirms Listening to Trump-Zelensky Phone Call in July

Australia News News

Pompeo Confirms Listening to Trump-Zelensky Phone Call in July
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 WSJ
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 11 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 8%
  • Publisher: 63%

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo acknowledged for the first time that he listened in on the phone call in July between President Trump and Ukraine’s leader

ROME—Secretary of State Mike Pompeo acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that he listened in on the phone call in July between President Trump and Ukraine’s leader that has resulted in the start of a House impeachment inquiry following disclosures that the U.S. leader sought a favor that stood to benefit him politically.

Mr. Pompeo, asked if he heard anything inappropriate while taking part in the call, said the conversation dealt with U.S. policy on Ukraine, covering economic growth, security matters and corruption.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

WSJ /  🏆 98. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Pompeo was on controversial July call between Trump, Ukraine presidentPompeo was on controversial July call between Trump, Ukraine presidentNEW: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was listening in on the controversial July call between Pres. Trump and Ukrainian Pres. Volodymyr Zelenskiy, multiple sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.
Read more »

Source: Mike Pompeo was on Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian PresidentSource: Mike Pompeo was on Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian PresidentSecretary of State Mike Pompeo was on the July 25 phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that has come under scrutiny following last week's release of a whistleblower complaint that deals, in part, with that conversation, a source familiar told CNN.
Read more »

Mike Pompeo reportedly took part in Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukraine's presidentMike Pompeo reportedly took part in Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukraine's presidentThis further ropes the State Department into the controversy surrounding Trump's efforts to pressure Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election.
Read more »

The Latest: Pompeo confirms he was on call over UkraineThe Latest: Pompeo confirms he was on call over UkraineU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirms that he was on the July 25 telephone call between President Trump and the Ukrainian president. Pompeo did not give information about the contents of the call that is the subject of an impeachment inquiry.
Read more »

WSJ News Exclusive | Pompeo Took Part in Trump-Zelensky Phone Call, Official SaysWSJ News Exclusive | Pompeo Took Part in Trump-Zelensky Phone Call, Official SaysSecretary of State Mike Pompeo was among administration officials who listened in on the July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a senior State Department official said.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:00:20