Pompeo says Saudi oil attack was an 'act of war'

Australia News News

Pompeo says Saudi oil attack was an 'act of war'
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 cnnbrk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 55%

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, without providing details, blames Iran for Saudi oil attacks, saying it was an act of war. Follow live updates:

SAEED KHAN/AFP/Getty Images

Pompeo stopped short of providing any details definitively showing the Iranians launched the attack from Iran. Pompeo, speaking to reporters off-camera before landing in Jeddah, said:"This was an Iranian attack. It’s not the case that you can subcontract out the devastation of 5% of the world’s global energy supply and think that you can absolve yourself from responsibility. Were it the case that the Houthis’ fraudulent claim was accurate, were that true — it’s not, but were that true, it doesn’t change the fingerprints of the Ayatollah as having put at risk the global energy supply.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

cnnbrk /  🏆 393. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Mike Pompeo heading to Saudi Arabia to 'coordinate' response to Saudi oil attackMike Pompeo heading to Saudi Arabia to 'coordinate' response to Saudi oil attackSecretary of State Mike Pompeo is heading to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to discuss the recent attack on Saudi oil facilities that has rattled world markets and left the region on edge.
Read more »

Trump tweets he's ordering new sanctions on Iran as Pompeo heads to Saudi ArabiaTrump tweets he's ordering new sanctions on Iran as Pompeo heads to Saudi ArabiaPresident Donald Trump on Wednesday said he was ordering his Treasury secretary to increase sanctions on Iran following the attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities.
Read more »

Pompeo heads to Saudi Arabia as Middle East tensions growPompeo heads to Saudi Arabia as Middle East tensions growU.S. Sec. of State Pompeo heads to Saudi Arabia as tensions in the Middle East continue to rise four days after oilfields and a processing plant in the kingdom were attacked
Read more »

Pompeo heads to Saudi Arabia to discuss 'response' against IranPompeo heads to Saudi Arabia to discuss 'response' against IranUS Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will discuss with Riyadh possible retaliation after Washington said it had proof that last week's attacks on Saudi oil sites originated in Iran, a claim Tehran denies.
Read more »

Defense Secretary Mark Esper spoke with Saudi, Iraqi leaders about 'unprecedented attack' on Saudi oil supplyDefense Secretary Mark Esper spoke with Saudi, Iraqi leaders about 'unprecedented attack' on Saudi oil supply'The United States military, with our interagency team, is working with our partners to address this unprecedented attack and defend the international rules-based order that is being undermined by Iran,' Esper tweeted.
Read more »

French President Macron calls Saudi crown prince on Aramco attacks: pressFrench President Macron calls Saudi crown prince on Aramco attacks: pressThe Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman received a phone call from th...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:35:18