'All of us have to be on high alert': NSW Premier warns it could be weeks before COVID-19 outbreak is known
It was also reported that NSW Health wanted anyone who had been in Melbourne since June 23 to self-isolate for 14 days - and not just those who had returned since Melbourne was declared a hotspot on Tuesday morning.
Despite the continuing outbreak in Victoria, Ms Berejiklian said there would be no further tightening of the border permit system or changes to restrictions on gatherings in NSW for now. The NSW-Queensland border will reopen for the first time since March on Friday. From noon travellers from every state except Victoria will be able to enter into Queensland with a valid border declaration – carrying a $4000 fine for false information – stating they had not been in the hotspot within the past 14 days. All others will be refused entry with no option to quarantine.
She said the government would consider charging overseas travellers before those returning domestically.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
‘Family gathering outbreak’ behind more than 100 college casesA family gathering has been linked to 100 COVID-19 cases at a Melbourne school while new clusters have been found in care homes and the Metro Tunnel site.
Read more »
NSW orders any Melbourne traveller from past two weeks to isolateBREAKING: Anyone who has travelled into New South Wales from the Greater Melbourne area in the last two weeks must immediately enter self-isolation at home. 9News
Read more »
Families warned to brace for visitor restrictions at aged care centresFamilies with loved ones in aged care centres have been warned to brace for stricter visiting restrictions after COVID-19 cases linked to another six centres.
Read more »
Investors brace for $15b dividend pandemic wipeoutShareholders are forecast to lose as much as $15 billion in dividends that would have been payable over the six months starting on July 1
Read more »
Whatever it takes for Victoria to stop the coronavirus, let's just do itIt's not the moment to apply the blowtorch over COVID-19 failures, but this time around we will need to get more details right.
Read more »
Whatever it takes for Victoria to stop the coronavirus, let's just do itWhatever it takes - just do it. No half measures, no tentative steps. We got through lockdown earlier in the year, and we will get through lockdown again. | OPINION by Jon Faine
Read more »