While influenza cases are believed to be beyond their crest, the third COVID wave — anticipated among the winter months — is not expected to peak until some time after early August.
The number of people hospitalised with COVID-19 in Queensland has reached the highest point of the pandemic so far, now surpassing the peak from the first Omicron-driven wave in early 2022.
While influenza cases are believed to be beyond their crest, the third COVID wave — always anticipated amid the colder winter months — is not expected to peak until sometime in mid- to late-August.to only recommend that people in all but a few key settings wear them.for mask wearing on all public transport across the state on Monday.
On Monday, Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said modelling had failed to predict the size of the state’s third wave. Palaszczuk later claimed there were “just a couple of charts”, as the current third Omicron wave continues to put pressure on the state’s health system.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID Australia updates LIVE: Push to cut COVID-19 isolation to five daysNSW premier says Australia needs to move beyond pandemic mandates; ex-health department boss warns COVID-19 “is not going away”. Follow updates here.
Read more »
COVID Australia updates LIVE: Perrottet pushes spring review of COVID-19 quarantineOne in five government appointments given to political allies; states want turbocharged skilled migration, boost to women’s participation from jobs summit. Follow updates here.
Read more »
Queensland hospital system under strain as COVID wave builds on staff, bedsQueensland’s hospital system is straining under the weight of the third COVID-19 wave, as the health minister asks people to take “sensible precautions” to avoid illness.
Read more »
Queensland records fewer COVID-19 hospitalisations but demand on hospitals 'keeps increasing'Queensland records less hospitalisations of COVID-19 today but the pressure remains on health services with up to 7 per cent of health staff off sick, minister Yvette D'Ath says.
Read more »
Victoria's $162 million plan to combat rising COVID-19 casesHundreds of additional staff will be deployed in Victorian hospitals under a $162 million state government plan. 9News
Read more »