Australia's Air Force chief says planning is underway for a new military 'space command' amid growing global competition for supremacy in the skies well above earth.
Australia's Air Force chief says planning is underway for a new military "space command" amid growing global competition for supremacy in the skies well above earth.The space command is likely to be staffed by personnel from the Army, Air Force and Navy
"It's to allow us to establish an organisation to sustain, force-generate, operate space capabilities and assign them to a joint operation command if needed," Air Marshal Hupfeld said. Air Vice Marshal Mel Hupfeld says the "space domain organisation" is on track to be established in 2022.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Air NZ sees a '100-fold increase' in ticket sales after bubble announcement | Sky News AustraliaAir New Zealand CEO Greg Foran says there has been a “100-fold increase” in ticket sales between New Zealand and Australia after the trans-Tasman bubble was announced on Tuesday.\n\n“For us to have the opportunity to reconnect with Australia without having to deal with any managed quarantine is a massive boost for the business,” he told Sky News.\n\nMr Foran said the airline had plans for airline credit if outbreaks stopped travellers from boarding but he believed any outbreaks would be dealt with “sensibly”.\n\n“One of the things we’ve seen in the last year or so is the ability to open up and close down … I think we’ve all developed a muscle to deal with this and get through it sensibly.”\n
Read more »
Coronavirus Australia LIVE: McGowan’s RAAF call rejected as Derby gets green lightThe NSW government has asked people who have visited a close contact venue not to enter the state and, if they do, to self-isolate, adhere to the same stay-at-home restrictions that apply to the Perth and Peel regions and notify NSW Health. Follow our l...
Read more »
Qantas to add 100 flights a week as international travel resumes | Sky News AustraliaQantas CEO Alan Joyce has announced the airline will add about 100 flights a week from Monday as they prepare to relaunch international travel via a trans-Tasman travel bubble with New Zealand. \n\n“New Zealand is a big market for us, New Zealand is the largest international market in and out of Australia,” he said at the opening of Qantas’ “flagship” lounge. \n\n“What we are doing is going back in in style and in force into the Kiwi market.” \n\nThe two-way travel bubble is set to launch on April 19.
Read more »
Federal government is ‘100 per cent committed’ to Melbourne’s East West Link | Sky News AustraliaEducation Minister Alan Tudge has confirmed the federal government is “100 per cent committed” to the East West Link and has called on the Victorian government to “get on with it”.\n\n“The $4 billion is still on the table and we want to see it built, and hundreds of thousands of Victorians want to see it built, particular those who get stuck on the Eastern Freeway every single morning going in to work,” he said. \n\n“The East West Link is the missing link in our freeway network in Melbourne and it has to be built.\n\n“Ultimately, we can’t do the construction, only a state government can do the construction.\n\n“We’re asking any government or any future government to get on with it for the benefit of hundreds of thousands of residents across Melbourne who just want to see that last remaining link built”. \n
Read more »