Rex Orange County cleared of sexual assault due to lack of evidence

Australia News News

Rex Orange County cleared of sexual assault due to lack of evidence
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 MetroUK
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 45 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 82%

Musician Rex Orange County has been cleared of six counts of sexual assaults after the charges against him were dropped by the Crown Prosecution Service.

The 24-year-old had pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on unconditional bail ahead of a planned trial which had due to take place in January.

However with weeks to go until the trial was set to begin, all charges against O’Connor have been dropped, with the CPP citing a lack of evidence. Announcing the news on Twitter, O’Connor said in a statement that the CPP ‘reviewed the evidence and decided that there is no merit in this case going to trial.’He went on: ‘I have always denied these allegations and am grateful that the independent evidence has cleared me of any wrongdoing. I have never assaulted anyone and I do not condone violence or abusive behaviour of any kind.’

The Sunflower singer said he wanted to ‘clarify’ what he had been accused of, having been unable to speak about it previously and stating there were ‘inaccuracies’ being circulated. He claimed he had been ‘wrongly accused of touching someone one evening on their leg, neck, back and bottom. That led to six charges of sexual assault.’

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MetroUK /  🏆 13. in UK

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Singer Rex Orange County cleared of sex assault claims after charges droppedSinger Rex Orange County cleared of sex assault claims after charges droppedSINGER Rex Orange County has been cleared of sex assault claims after all charges were dropped against him. The musician, real name Alexander O’Connor, was accused of targeting a woman in a t…
Read more »

Stacey Solomon admits Christmas 'dread' in moving video amid heartbreaking firstStacey Solomon admits Christmas 'dread' in moving video amid heartbreaking firstThe Sort Your Life Out presenter shared the admission alongside video of her youngest son, Rex
Read more »

County health and care leaders declare critical incidentCounty health and care leaders declare critical incidentHealth and care leaders in the county have declared a critical incident as services face extreme pressure due to demand. Shropshire
Read more »

Strabane bomb attack: Man accused of trying to kill police refused bailStrabane bomb attack: Man accused of trying to kill police refused bailCharlie Love is accused of the attempted murder of two police officers in Strabane, County Tyrone.
Read more »

Hospital's urgent treatment centre has busiest ever dayHospital's urgent treatment centre has busiest ever dayThe trust warned members of the public to use the right services for their needs
Read more »

Man Charged in 1994 Attleboro Rape Held Without BailMan Charged in 1994 Attleboro Rape Held Without BailA 48-year-old man accused in a violent 1994 rape case out of Attleboro, Massachusetts, was ordered held without bail Monday following an appearance in Fall River Superior Court, the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office announced. This is the latest cold case rape arrest Bristol County prosecutors have announced, as authorities in Massachusetts work to get through a backlog of sexual…
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 23:12:59