Rochdale AFC 'takeover' bidder 'disappointed' with exclusivity agreement

Australia News News

Rochdale AFC 'takeover' bidder 'disappointed' with exclusivity agreement
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 MENnewsdesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 69%

The Football Club LLC says there hasn't been 'an open, full, and fair process' around the move

A company proposing to buy Rochdale AFC says it's 'disappointed' after the football club announced it had entered into a 'period of exclusivity' with a rival bidder. They said there hasn't been 'an open, full, and fair process' around the move and called for 'a fair evaluation process for all bids'.

The group said it had 'not yet received any feedback' on its letter of intent from the club or 'been given an opportunity to respond to the opposing bid'. It said club chairman, Simon Gauge, has cancelled a meeting planned for today - Wednesday. Mr Gauge has previously warned the 117-year-old club could fold if a new investor was not found by the end of this month.

However, there is one exception to this request: you are permitted to forward this Letter of Intent to George Brigham prior to that date. We also request that George Brigham keep this LOI confidential.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MENnewsdesk /  🏆 23. in UK

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Rochdale AFC takeover: Second company announces bid to buy clubRochdale AFC takeover: Second company announces bid to buy clubIt follows a crunch vote last night
Read more »

Labour withdraws support for Rochdale candidate after Israel conspiracy theory remarksLabour withdraws support for Rochdale candidate after Israel conspiracy theory remarksLabour has withdrawn its support for Rochdale by-election candidate Azhar Ali after criticism of remarks about Israel, a party spokesperson said.
Read more »

Rochdale by-election: Formal complaint filed against Labour candidate after 'antisemitic' remarksRochdale by-election: Formal complaint filed against Labour candidate after 'antisemitic' remarksCampaign group Labour Against Antisemitism is demanding that Councillor Azhar Ali be suspended as a party member after he suggested Israel let the 7 October Hamas attack go ahead so it could invade Gaza.
Read more »

Labour Withdraws Support For Rochdale By-Election Candidate After Anti-Israel CommentsLabour Withdraws Support For Rochdale By-Election Candidate After Anti-Israel CommentsGraeme Demianyk is a news editor at HuffPost UK, and is based in New York. As well as being night new editor, he has written extensively on the Grenfell tower disaster and the UK's housing crisis.
Read more »

Rochdale lad is NOT dating future Queen of Belgium, family sayRochdale lad is NOT dating future Queen of Belgium, family sayReports in the Belgian press linked the student with the heir to Belgium's throne
Read more »

Rochdale grooming: 'I was raped more than 100 times from age 12'Rochdale grooming: 'I was raped more than 100 times from age 12'Ruby says she was 'let down' by police as she calls for more support for sexually abused children.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:48:11