Exclusive: Transport Minister David Elliott has launched an extraordinary attack on NSW Treasurer Matt Kean, blaming him for the prolonged industrial action dogging Sydney’s rail network | Rabe9
Transport Minister David Elliott has launched an extraordinary attack on NSW Treasurer Matt Kean, blaming him for the prolonged industrial action dogging Sydney’s rail network in the latest internal scuffle that threatens to further destabilise the Perrottet government.across the train network this week, Elliott criticised his factional rival for seriously damaging negotiations with union officials earlier this year and warned the government was still struggling to regain trust.
Kean and Employee Relations Minister Damien Tudehope in May declared the government would not bow to union demands to make expensive changes to a fleet of new trains that rail workers are refusing to staff due to safety concerns. The government wants both the train fleet modifications and a new enterprise agreement completed together. The deed will be conditional on an enterprise agreement being ticked off by both sides, with senior government figures expecting it to be presented to the unions early this week.As negotiations drag on between the government and unions, some government MPs have indicated they’re concerned Elliott has not taken the government’s offer directly to the transport workforce.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Salman Rushdie attacked onstage at New York eventAuthor was attacked by a man storming the stage as he was about to give a lecture in western New York
Read more »
Author Salman Rushdie attacked on stage before lecture in New YorkA man attacks the acclaimed author who wrote The Satanic Verses, apparently stabbing him in the neck, as he was about to give a lecture at the Chautauqua Institution.
Read more »
Stabbing attack on Salman Rushdie was 'preplanned', says prosecutorThe man accused in the stabbing attack on Salman Rushdie pleaded not guilty Saturday to attempted murder and assault charges in what a prosecutor called a “preplanned” crime.
Read more »
Stabbing attack on Salman Rushdie was 'preplanned', says prosecutorThe man accused in the stabbing attack on Salman Rushdie pleaded not guilty Saturday to attempted murder and assault charges in what a prosecutor called a “preplanned” crime.
Read more »
Stabbing attack on Salman Rushdie was 'preplanned', says prosecutorSalman Rushdie has been taken off a ventilator and can now talk following his on-stage stabbing in New York. His alleged attacker is pleading not guilty and is now being investigated for links to the Iranian Government. MORE: AmeliaAdams9 9News
Read more »
If pictures send powerful messages, the Liberal Party's 'sea of men' speaks volumesA record number of women have been elected to the House of Representatives for the 47th parliament. But in the Liberal Party, women hold just nine of its 42 seats — an imbalance that can't be fixed unless it faces some harsh truths, writes Patricia Karvelas.
Read more »