The 28-year-old describes being the only survivor among three other victims, after they were struck by lightening during a thunderstorm. 9News
earlier this month, and despite going through something so life-changing and suffering nerve damage, she said she's recovering quickly.
Six bolts of lightning struck within half a second, Escudero-Kontostathis said on CNN's "New Day" Thursday.James Mueller, 76, Donna Mueller, 75, and Brooks Lambertson, 29, died from their injuries. Plagued by nerve damage from her waist down leaving her with no feeling in her legs, Escudero-Kontostathis is now dependent on a walker to get around most of the time.
"The emergency ER nurses actually brought my heartbeat back twice, and there were 10 minutes between those two heartbeats where I didn't have oxygen to my brain, I didn't have a heartbeat at all," she said.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
'It's awful': Bali bombing survivor lashes early release of bomb maker Umar PatekUmar Patek, the bomb maker behind the 2002 Bali bombings, will be released from prison weeks before the 20th anniversary of the terror attack. ElizaEdNews 9News MORE:
Read more »
'It's awful': Bali bombing survivor lashes early release of bomb maker Umar PatekBali bombing survivor speaks after the &x27;shock&x27; decision to release the bomb maker.
Read more »
No regrets for Barty, but she would love one more crack at SerenaFive months after her retirement announcement shocked Australian sport and the global tennis community, Ashleigh Barty has confirmed that she’s at peace with her new existence.
Read more »
No regrets for Barty, but she would love one more crack at SerenaFive months after her retirement announcement shocked Australian sport and the global tennis community, Ashleigh Barty has confirmed that she’s at peace with her new existence.
Read more »
Aussie survivor’s stinging rebuke as Bali bomber prepares to walk free 10 years earlyOne of the terrorists convicted of building the bomb used in the deadly Bali Bombings is set to walk free from jail in the coming weeks. The decision to release Umar Patek from jail early has distressed and outraged people who survived the attack. 7NEWS
Read more »
Diplomatic tensions as Russia's planned replacement embassy scrappedAustralian bureaucrats have scuttled the construction of a new Russian embassy building in Canberra, ordering a 'premium' block of land near parliament house be vacated within 20 days.
Read more »