South Australia joins New Zealand travel bubble following unexpected arrivals

Australia News News

South Australia joins New Zealand travel bubble following unexpected arrivals
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 83%

South Australia will accept tourists from New Zealand and allow 12 travellers currently held in hotel quarantine out into the community, authorities announce.

South Australia will open its borders to travellers from New Zealand, effective immediately, and allow 12 recent arrivals already in hotel quarantine out into the community.

He also announced a further relaxation of restrictions on Victorian residents living within 70 kilometres of the SA border.five New Zealand travellers arrived unexpectedly at Adelaide Airport on SundayCommissioner Stevens has revealed there are now 12 New Zealand travellers in hotel quarantine and they are being contacted to be released.

"We hadn't had specific advice in relation to the status of COVID-19 in New Zealand [when the travellers arrived]," Commissioner Stevens said. Commissioner Stevens said it was unfortunate that some travellers had been inconvenienced for a short period of time.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Five New Zealanders enter South Australia from interstateFive travellers from New Zealand have arrived in Adelaide after passing through other airports.
Read more »

Health alert in south-east Sydney as restrictions ease | Sky News AustraliaHealth alert in south-east Sydney as restrictions ease | Sky News AustraliaResidents in south-east Sydney are being warned to be on the lookout for COVID-19 symptoms after a potentially infectious person visited Kingsford and Ramsgate.\n\nThe patient ordered takeaway from multiple cafes in the first two weeks of October, but no specific venues have been identified.\n\nResidents are being advised to get tested immediately if even the mildest symptoms appear.\n\nThe alert comes after NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced a further easing of restrictions.\n\nFrom Friday, outdoor gatherings and restaurant bookings will be increased to 30 people, while 300 people will be allowed to attend weddings from December 1.\n
Read more »

Fears Sydney coronavirus cluster could spread to NSW South CoastThere are fears a growing coronavirus cluster in Sydney's south-west may have spread to the NSW South Coast after positive cases visited the district. 9News
Read more »

Police searching for gunman after man shot dead in Sydney's south-westPolice searching for gunman after man shot dead in Sydney's south-westA man dies after being shot multiple times at Condell Park in Sydney's south-west this morning.
Read more »

Brother of notorious street gangster shot dead in Sydney's south-westA man shot dead on the streets in Sydney&x27;s south-west is the brother of Bassam Hamzy, a convicted murderer and founder of crime gang &x27;Brothers 4 Life&x27;.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 02:42:54