NATO, the German Government and Donald Trump's own press secretary agree that Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was the victim of an assassination attempt, but the US president is unwilling to go that far just yet.
, where he has been in an induced coma at a Berlin hospital ever since.tests showed Mr Navalny had been poisoned with a chemical nerve agent from the Novichok group
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said earlier in the week that Mr Navalny was the victim of a "reprehensible" poisoning. Mr Peskov reiterated Russian specialists in Omsk tested Mr Navalny for poisonous substances and did not find any in his system. "The use of such a weapon is horrific," Mr Stoltenberg said after chairing a meeting of NATO ambassadors during which Germany briefed its allies on developments.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Trump disparaged US war dead as 'losers,' 'suckers': reportA new report details multiple instances of President Donald Trump making disparaging remarks about members of the U.S. military who have been captured or killed.
Read more »
Trump denies calling US war dead 'losers', 'suckers'US President Donald Trump has defended himself Friday (local time) against accusations that he mocked American war dead as his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, intensified efforts to frame the election as a referendum on the president's character. 9News
Read more »
Facebook to halt new political ads just before U.S. electionFacebook has been battered by criticism, including from its own employees, about allowing inflammatory content to remain on the website.
Read more »
Tech stocks suffer as US bloodbath spreads to ASXA US market bloodbath spilled into local trade on Friday as the Australian sharemarket suffered its sharpest one-day loss in four months, shedding $56 billion in a 3.1 per cent dive.
Read more »
Prepare to distribute COVID-19 vaccine across US by November 1: CDC | Sky News AustraliaThe Centres for Disease Control and Prevention has told US states to prepare to distribute a coronavirus vaccine by November.\n\nCDC Director Robert Redfield sent a message to governors on August 27 urging them to expedite applications for distribution facilities, according to a letter obtained by McClatchy.\n\n“CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020,” Mr Redfield said.\n\n“The requirements you may be asked to waive in order to expedite vaccine distribution will not compromise the safety or integrity of the products being distributed.” \n\nThe same day the CDC sent “hypothetical” guidance documents to public health officials – laying out scenarios for two candidates called Vaccine A and Vaccine B.\n\n“Limited COVID-19 vaccine doses may be available by early November 2020, but COVID-19 vaccine supply will increase substantially in 2021,” the documents said. \n\nIn the three CDC scenarios detailed, Vaccine A and Vaccine B require two doses taken three to four weeks apart.\n\nThe scenarios assume one to three million doses of these vaccines could be available by the end of October with tens of millions available by the end of November.\n\n“Jurisdictions must be prepared to immediately vaccinate identified critical populations when the earliest COVID-19 vaccine doses are available and approved by the US Food and Drug Administration,” the documents said. \n\n“Jurisdictions should also begin planning for vaccination of the rest of the general population when COVID-19 vaccine supply allows.”\n\nHealthcare and national security workers, at-risk demographics and “racial and ethnic minority populations” are top on the priority list in the scenarios \n\nBoth the letter and the documents were sent out on the same day that President Donald Trump proclaimed at the Republic
Read more »