Turnbull dishes dirt on ex-colleagues in tell-all memoir | Sky News Australia

Australia News News

Turnbull dishes dirt on ex-colleagues in tell-all memoir | Sky News Australia
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 SkyNewsAust
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 17 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 78%

Former prime minister TurnbullMalcolm says ScottMorrisonMP did not deserve to win the 2019 election.

Former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull says Scott Morrison did not deserve to win the 2019 election.

In an excerpt from his anticipated tell-all memoir, Mr Turnbull claimed Mathias Cormann and Peter Dutton once described Mr Morrison as a "Machiavellian plotter". Mr Turnbull also detailed his personal battle with depression, revealing he had dark thoughts after losing the Liberal leadership to Tony Abbott in 2009.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SkyNewsAust /  🏆 7. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Murdoch wanted Turnbull out because he was 'his own man', ex-PM claimsMurdoch wanted Turnbull out because he was 'his own man', ex-PM claimsAustralia is exposed to a 'debased' media culture that allows News Corp co-chairman Rupert Murdoch to wield influence over national leaders, argues former prime minister TurnbullMalcolm in an explosive new memoir. | EXCLUSIVE by CroweDM
Read more »

Morrison didn't deserve to win: TurnbullMorrison didn't deserve to win: TurnbullExtracts from former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull's memoir have emerged, including claims that Scott Morrison shouldn't have won last year's election.
Read more »

Scott Morrison says Asian-Australians led coronavirus response, condemns racist attacks against communityScott Morrison says Asian-Australians led coronavirus response, condemns racist attacks against communityPrime Minister Scott Morrison says racist attacks on Asian migrants in Australia are 'just so wrong' and the community has been leading the response to coronavirus containment BrettMasonNews
Read more »

Australia should not 'walk away' from WHO | Sky News AustraliaAustralia should not 'walk away' from WHO | Sky News AustraliaDeputy Labor leader Richard Marles has rejected calls for Australia to “walk away” from the World Health Organisation, telling Sky News the decision for the US to suspend funding is “regrettable”. \n\nUS President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced he would be pulling his government’s funding from the WHO, following through on his threat to pull away from the UN body over accusations it mishandled the coronavirus pandemic. \n\nThere have been growing calls for Australia to follow suit, with Liberal MP Dave Sharma telling Sky News any federal government funding to WHO should be contingent on future reforms. \n\nMr Marles conceded “there’s a conversation” to be had about the health body’s reform but insisted Australia should not “abandon” it completely. \n\n'We should be raising whatever issues we have from inside the organisation. We should not be abandoning the World Health Organisation,” he said. \n\n'With everything that's going on at the moment, the idea that we would be walking away from the globe's multilateral response to health issues, I think makes no sense at all.\n\n'There's a conversation that can be had about how the World Health Organisation can be reformed but at the end of the day, we should not be walking away from it.'
Read more »

Australia's death toll climbs to 63, caseload stands at 6,432 | Sky News AustraliaAustralia's death toll climbs to 63, caseload stands at 6,432 | Sky News AustraliaNew South Wales has recorded another 16 cases of COVID-19, bringing the nation’s total caseload to 6,432. \n\nThe national death toll rose to 63 overnight after the death of a 91-year-old woman in Tasmania. \n\nThe number of Australians who have recovered from the virus stands at 3,603. \n\nMeanwhile, the US has more than 600,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, which is the largest caseload of any nation in the world. \n\nThe US death toll has climbed to 25,000. \n\nUS President Donald Trump will speak to G7 leaders via videolink on Thursday to coordinate a global response to the pandemic. \n\nThere are more than 1.9 million cases of the virus confirmed across the world and 125,000 fatalities recorded. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »

WHO must 'reform' to ensure Australia's ongoing funding | Sky News AustraliaWHO must 'reform' to ensure Australia's ongoing funding | Sky News AustraliaLiberal MP Dave Sharma says Australia’s continued funding of the World Health Organisation should only occur on the condition of “necessary reforms”. \n\nUS President Donald Trump on Wednesday halted his nation’s funding of the World Health Organisation, accusing the UN body of mishandling the coronavirus pandemic. \n\nMr Sharma told Sky News that Australia, a significant donor to WHO, would have “more to say” on the institution’s response to the crisis. \n\n'This reckoning has been coming for some time. I think a lot of countries, Australia included, have been less than impressed with the WHO’s performance,” the Liberal MP said. \n\nMr Sharma said it was “pretty obvious” countries like South Korea, Japan and the US will band together with Australia to demand “significant reforms to how the WHO operates”. \n\n'I think we should make sure we condition our future funding on necessary reforms,” he said. \n\n'We will need to settle on those reforms with a group of other countries, like-minded countries as well, but this is generally how we drive change in the international system... we make our continued contributions, continued support for the international organisations, contingent upon reforms that must be done.'
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 19:20:19