Two decades after the petrol bomb, an arrest in Redfern teen Arthur Haines’ death

Australia News News

Two decades after the petrol bomb, an arrest in Redfern teen Arthur Haines’ death
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 smh
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 80%

Two decades after the petrol bomb, an arrest in Redfern teen Arthur Haines’ death | sallyrawsthorne

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are warned that the following article contains an image and the name of a deceased person.The Redfern teen, who was staying at a friend’s place ahead of a trip to the Royal Easter Show, was trapped in a top-floor bedroom when a petrol bomb was thrown into a Waterloo home in April 1998.

Eleven weeks later, he died. Police announced a $1 million reward for information about Arthur’s death last year, when his devastated mother Julie Szabo told reporters she thought constantly of her son. “All this time, it’s been heartache. Every day when I wake up and until I go to bed, I never [stop] thinking about my son: what he would have been, how he would have been and what he would have become,” she said.On Wednesday, homicide detectives travelled to Brisbane and arrested 55-year-old Gregory Walker over the teen’s death.He is expected to face court in Sydney on Friday if the extradition is granted.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

smh /  🏆 6. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Attackers 'dressed up as women' terrorise parts of southern ThailandAttackers 'dressed up as women' terrorise parts of southern ThailandA military spokesman says the attackers threw petrol bombs into target sites, inlcuding convenience stores and gas stations, amid a long-running separatist insurgency that has killed thousands.
Read more »

Former NRL bad boy faces long ban for Super League tackleFormer NRL bad boy faces long ban for Super League tackleTwo decades after John Hopoate copped a 12-match ban for actions described as ‘disgusting’, Corey Norman has been hit with Super League’s most severe charge.
Read more »

Benjamin Mendy: footballer tried to rape woman after shower, jury toldBenjamin Mendy: footballer tried to rape woman after shower, jury toldWoman came forward after publicity of Manchester City defender’s arrest for raping other women
Read more »

Government's key climate reduction policy open for consultationGovernment's key climate reduction policy open for consultationThe Australian government will begin consulting industry and broader stakeholders on how to strengthen the centrepiece of its commitment to reduce emissions by 43 per cent this decade.
Read more »

Seven West Media in strongest financial position in a decade after announcing best results in yearsSeven West Media in strongest financial position in a decade after announcing best results in years.Channel7's parent company SevenWestMedia has released its results reporting its strongest financial position in over a decade. The company's profit is up 60 percent on the previous year. $SWM 7NEWS
Read more »

Port Adelaide champion calls time on illustrious career with remarkable recordPort Adelaide champion calls time on illustrious career with remarkable recordThe all-time great will play one last game in this week’s Showdown - a fixture he has owned in the past decade.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 03:59:23