U.S. denies protective status to Bahamas hurricane evacuees

Australia News News

U.S. denies protective status to Bahamas hurricane evacuees
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 YahooNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 27 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 59%

The Trump administration will reportedly not grant temporary protected status to people who fled the Bahamas as Hurricane Dorian destroyed communities across the islands and left at least 43 people dead in its wake

WASHINGTON - The United States will not give temporary protected immigration status to people from the Bahamas who evacuated after the archipelago was battered by a Category 5 hurricane, the White House said on Wednesday.

"The Bahamians impacted by Hurricane Dorian are facing a humanitarian crisis, and the American government, international partners and private organizations continue to support them with aid and services. At this time, we do not plan to invoke Temporary Protected Status for those currently in the United States," a White House official said.

On Monday, acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan said the administration was considering whether to grant the status to Bahamians.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

YahooNews /  🏆 380. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

U.S. denies protective status to Bahamas hurricane evacueesU.S. denies protective status to Bahamas hurricane evacueesThe United States will not give temporary protected immigration status to people...
Read more »

U.S. will deny temporary protected status to people who fled BahamasU.S. will deny temporary protected status to people who fled BahamasBREAKING: US will not grant temporary protected status to people from the Bahamas displaced by Cat. 5 Hurricane Dorian, administration official tells NBCNews.
Read more »

Dorian's death toll in Bahamas rises to 50 - officialDorian's death toll in Bahamas rises to 50 - officialHurricane Dorian's rampage through the Bahamas last week killed at least 50...
Read more »

U.S. won't give temporary protected status to people who fled BahamasU.S. won't give temporary protected status to people who fled BahamasUS will not grant temporary protected status to people from the Bahamas displaced by Cat. 5 Hurricane Dorian, administration official tells NBCNews.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 01:55:43