The British Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said 25 flights are scheduled to fly ...
FILE PHOTO: A Thomas Cook Scandinavia Airbus A330 plane takes off from Las Palmas in the Canary Islands, Spain, September 25, 2019.REUTERS/Borja Suarez/File Photo
- The British Civil Aviation Authority said 25 flights are scheduled to fly on Thursday to return another 5,000 people to the country in the tenth day of the repatriation operation following the collapse of travel group Thomas Cook. A total of 19,000 more customers are poised to return just four days before the largest peacetime repatriation ‘Operation Matterhorn’ comes to an end.
“We are beginning to combine more Thomas Cook flights into single CAA flights. We are sorry that, for some passengers, this means they will not arrive at the UK airport they had originally booked to return to,” the regulator said in a statement.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
UK accounting watchdog examining EY audit of Thomas CookBritain's Financial Reporting Council has started an investigation into acc...
Read more »
UK launches probe of Thomas Cook auditors as foreign branches collapseBritain to fly back another 7,100 people on Wednesday as a result of the travel group's bankruptcy. The British civil aviation regulator said it had 30,000 more passengers to bring back home.
Read more »
Why The U.K. Government Was Right Not To Bail Out Thomas CookThe travel company Thomas Cook went into liquidation last week leaving thousands of people stranded. Some say the U.K. government could have prevented the company's failure.
Read more »
UK to fly back 7,000 people as Thomas Cook repatriation efforts enter second weekBritain's Civil Aviation Authority on Tuesday said 39 flights are scheduled...
Read more »
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, sues UK tabloid as Harry denounces 'bullying' British mediaPrince Harry and his wife Meghan are suing a UK tabloid over a private letter it published, with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex alleging it was published illegally and edited selectively to hide 'lies' the paper had told about the Duchess
Read more »
UK to submit 'final offer' for Brexit dealBritish PM Johnson will present his final Brexit offer to the EU and make clear that if Brussels does not engage with the proposal, Britain will not negotiate further and will leave on October 31
Read more »