Top US general offers 'sincere apology' over a drone strike that killed 10 civilians, including seven children, in Afghanistan last month
Top general Frank McKenzie admits US had made a"mistake" when it launched a drone strike against suspected Daesh militants in Afghan capital Kabul on August 29, confirming it killed 10 civilians instead.
A US drone strike in Kabul last month killed as many as 10 civilians, including seven children, a senior US general has said. He added that he now believed that it unlikely that the vehicle hit or those who died were Daesh militants posing a direct threat to US forces at Kabul's airport.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
The top 5 liberal arts colleges of 2022, according to U.S. NewsWilliams College maintained its spot as the highest-ranked liberal arts college in the country.
Read more »
U.S. Steel Plans New U.S. Mill as Prices SurgeUnited States Steel said it plans to build a new steel mill in the U.S. starting next year, as the company chases rising demand from a rebounding manufacturing sector
Read more »
No plans for U.S., Iran to meet at U.N. next week, says U.S. envoyU.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has no plans to meet with his new Iranian counterpart next week at the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations in New York, U.S. Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield said on Friday.
Read more »
Baby girl born to widow of Marine killed in Kabul bombingThe widow of a U.S. Marine killed in a bombing in Afghanistan in August has given birth to a baby girl, family says.
Read more »
This mobile app is helping Afghans navigate Kabul following the Taliban takeoverCNN News, delivered. Select from our newsletters below and enter your email to subscribe.
Read more »