Watch: Former NSW deputy premier filmed in street scuffle with cameraman

Australia News News

Watch: Former NSW deputy premier filmed in street scuffle with cameraman
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 7NewsAustralia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 71%

An incident between former NSW deputy premier John Barilaro and a television cameraman outside a Sydney bar is being investigated by police. 7NEWS

Watch the moments before the scuffle in the video aboveThe footage shows the pair struggling as they grab and push one another while the cameraman tries to film Barilaro, who then walks away.

“Inquiries into the incident are ongoing and there is no further information at this stage,” a statement issued on Monday said.Barilaro confirmed the run-in, saying his privacy was being invaded and he felt harassed. “At that point, I asked him to walk away, I’ve got nothing to say but the constant harassment ... I’m a private citizen, I left politics last year.

“I’m calling on the Labor Party to stop playing games in the upper house. Call me to the inquiry. Because it’s you causing this intrusion and harassment,” he added.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

7NewsAustralia /  🏆 11. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

NSW Police investigating scuffle between John Barilaro and cameraman in SydneyNSW Police investigating scuffle between John Barilaro and cameraman in SydneyPolice are investigating a public scuffle between former NSW deputy premier John Barilaro and a cameraman outside a Manly bar on Saturday night.
Read more »

NSW police investigate altercation between John Barilaro and camera operator on Sydney streetNSW police investigate altercation between John Barilaro and camera operator on Sydney street‘I did not manhandle an individual,’ former deputy premier tells 2GB after incident while out for pizza in Manly
Read more »

John Barilaro says he did not 'manhandle' anyone after video of scuffle surfacesJohn Barilaro says he did not 'manhandle' anyone after video of scuffle surfacesFormer NSW deputy premier says he is fed up with being 'intruded on and harassed', especially now that he has exited state politics.
Read more »

NSW trade rep had US office shuttered after announcement of New York role later given to John BarilaroNSW trade rep had US office shuttered after announcement of New York role later given to John BarilaroEXCLUSIVE: State government’s trade commissioner forced to work from a room in his San Fransisco home
Read more »

The Loop: NCA bomber seeks leave to appeal convictions, Australia ranks third-worst for COVID cases and deaths, police investigate scuffle involving John Barilaro and cameramanThe Loop: NCA bomber seeks leave to appeal convictions, Australia ranks third-worst for COVID cases and deaths, police investigate scuffle involving John Barilaro and cameramanGet up to speed on today's headlines with The Loop.
Read more »

NSW Deputy Labor leader set to go on leave after revealing cancer diagnosisNSW Deputy Labor leader set to go on leave after revealing cancer diagnosis
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 16:18:00