The parents of Lukas Orda, who is missing at sea, beg the Federal Government to resume the search for survivors after a live export ship capsized off the coast of Japan.
The parents of an Australian man, missing after a live export ship capsized off the coast of Japan, have begged for the search to be resumed.Queensland vet Lukas Orda is one of 40 people missing at seaQueensland veterinarian, Lukas Orda, and New South Wales man, Will Mainprize, were amongThe ship sank off the Japanese coast after being hit by two typhoons.
On Wednesday Japan's Coast Guard scaled back its search for survivors, more than a week after the ship sent out a distress call.Lukas Orda's father, Ulrich Orda asked Australians to pressure on the Federal Government to resume the search.Queensland vet Lukas Orda is one of 40 people missing at sea."We implore you not to give up on the chance of there being survivors."
Dr Orda said one of the survivors who had been found was swept off the bridge of the ship by large waves."We were devastated to hear that the search for all missing loved ones was halted," Dr Orda said. Doctor Ulrich Orda and Sabine Orda hugged after speaking with the media about their missing son Lukas.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Family of William Mainprize, Lukas Orda plead for Gulf Livestock 1 search to resumeThe brother of an Australian missing from a ship that disappeared in a typhoon off the coast of Japan reckons there’s a good chance his sibling could still be alive and issued heartbreaking pleas for the search to resume.
Read more »
Superyacht skipper admits lying to get COVID-19 border exemption for wealthy familyThe skipper of a superyacht that sailed into Queensland from Victoria defends his wealthy employer, saying they had nothing to do with the trail of lies used to get an exemption to cross the border.
Read more »
Australia rallies behind family separated from terminally ill father by ‘mystifying’ border bans | Sky News AustraliaSky News Australia has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars live-on-air for the family of terminally ill man Mark Keans after they were denied an exemption to Queensland’s strict border laws to visit him. \n\nAfter hearing of Mr Keans’ battle to see his four children before he passes away, Australians dug deep and raised more than $200,000 on the family’s GoFundMe page by the end of the night.\n\nEven Prime Minister Scott Morrison tipped in $1000 to help the family to help pay for the quarantine costs after the family was told they could now enter Queensland but at a cost of $16,000.\n\nIn an emotional interview with Sky News host Paul Murray, Mr Keans' sister Tam Langborne spoke of the pain behind Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk’s incredibly strict border bans which have left the prime minister “mystified”.\n\n'He's struggling, his major wish when he got diagnosed was that he just wanted his kids since the day he got diagnosed we've been fighting and fighting ... it didn't look like anything was going to happen it was the impossible but we're starting to get a voice,” she said.\n\n'It means so much to our family that people are coming to fight for us.”\n\nIn just 20 minutes after first hearing their story, the Sky News Australia audience raised over $110,000 and that figure had exceeded $200,000 by the end of the night.\n\nSky News Australia will bring you updates on the family’s battle to reunite as it unfolds.\n\n
Read more »
‘It’s disgusting’: Border heartbreak as family miss dying mother’s last breathA heartbroken family have described Queensland’s tough border stance as “disgusting” after they were unable to say goodbye to their dying mother.
Read more »
Perth family, including infant, 'stranded at London airport for days'Heartbreaking images of children sleeping on the floor of Heathrow Airport have sparked outrage on social media, after a Perth mother-of-three claimed her family had been stranded for three days, unable to board any flights home.
Read more »
Dying Queensland man's family unable to say goodbye due to border lockdownMark Keans, 39, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, but his family - including his four children - are stuck in NSW.
Read more »