A young woman's fight to see her dying father has sparked an incredible border fight between the Queensland Premier and the PM, with Annastacia Palaszczuk saying she 'will not be bullied' by Scott Morrison. cokeefe9 AusPol 9News More here:
Sarah told 4BC she had been planning to surprise her father on Father's Day, but he died three days earlier while she was in hotel quarantine.
Sarah, who is trained as a nurse and currently working fulltime as a manager at fast food restaurant, said it is important for her to view her father's body. This morning, Prime Minister Scott Morrison called Ms Palaszczuk to ask about the state's tough border restrictions. In question time today, Ms Palaszczuk accused the Queensland Opposition Leader of working with the prime minister's office in "a coordinated attack", and called it "disgusting and demeaning".
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Woman critical, roads closed after crash in Sydney's eastA woman is in a critical condition after a crash between a car and a truck in Mascot on Wednesday afternoon.
Read more »
Woman killed after her Mustang collides with a truckA woman has died after her Mustang and a truck collided in Mascot, in Sydney’s south, causing major traffic delays.
Read more »
Fatal shark attack on Queensland’s Gold CoastA man has died after being attacked by a shark at Coolangatta on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
Read more »
Outrage as sex parties allowed but dancing banned in QldThe ABC has put the spotlight on Queensland’s bizarre coronavirus rules, revealing that while guests are barred from dancing at weddings, sex parties have the official OK.
Read more »
Dying Queensland man's family unable to say goodbye due to border lockdownMark Keans, 39, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, but his family - including his four children - are stuck in NSW.
Read more »
Queensland government withholding 'clarification' on student border exemptions | Sky News AustraliaRegional Education Minister Andrew Gee is calling on the Queensland government to provide clarity and a formal declaration on the border exemptions for boarding school students from New South Wales and the ACT. \n\nQueensland’s Chief Health Officer Jeanette Young granted travel exemptions to those students from NSW and ACT who had been separated from their families for many months due to the state’s strict border restrictions. \n\nThe ruling applied to boarding students from areas with no coronavirus cases and will allow them to return home without having to go into mandatory hotel quarantine. \n\nMr Gee told Sky News it was a “positive sign” but the Queensland government was yet to provide official confirmation of the changes. \n\n“So the parents and the kids up there are going, ‘well on the face of it, its great news’,” he said. \n\n“But how come the Queensland government hasn’t come out and clarified exactly what the position is and actually made a statement on it?\n\n“My concern is that it’s the new politics of COVID border closures in that these children and their families are just pawns in a wider political game and for the purpose of trying to save the skins of certain state governments.\n\n“I think we just have to have a common sense, caring and practical approach on this, but it needs to be a unified approach. \n\n“At the moment we’ve got a mish-mash of regulations, no one’s really sure what’s going and we just need some certainty and uniformity so the anguish of these students and parents can actually end.” \n\nImage: News Corp Australia \n \n\n\n\n
Read more »