Yemen's Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi Aramco plants

Australia News News

Yemen's Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi Aramco plants
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 trtworld
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 57 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 63%

Yemen's Houthi group claim responsibility for drone attacks on two Saudi Aramco plants in the kingdom's eastern province

Smoke is seen following a fire at an Aramco factory in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia on September 14, 2019 in this social media picture via videos obtained by Reuters.

The attack also likely will heighten tensions further across the wider Persian Gulf amid a confrontation between the US and Iran over its unraveling nuclear deal with world powers.Smoke rose over the skyline and glowing flames could be seen a distance away at the Abqaiq oil processing facility. The facility processes sour crude oil into sweet crude, then later transports onto transshipment points on the Persian Gulf and the Red Sea. Estimates suggest it can process up to 7 million barrels of crude oil a day.

There was no immediate impact on global oil prices as markets were closed for the weekend across the world. Benchmark Brent crude had been trading at just above $60 a barrel.While no group immediately claimed the attacks, suspicion immediately fell on Yemen's Houthi rebels. Since the start of the Saudi-led war, Houthi rebels have been using drones in combat. The first appeared to be off-the-shelf, hobby-kit-style drones. Later, versions nearly identical to Iranian models turned up. Iran denies supplying the Houthis with weapons, although the UN, the West and Gulf Arab nations say Tehran does.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

trtworld /  🏆 101. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Saudi Arabia says fires at Aramco sites 'under control' after drone attacksSaudi Arabia says fires at Aramco sites 'under control' after drone attacksDrone attacks on two Saudi Aramco factories in Abqaiq and Khurais provinces sparked fires that the state oil company brought under control, the Saudi interior ministry spokesman said. More here:
Read more »

Fires from drone attacks on two Aramco sites under control: Saudi govt spokesmanFires from drone attacks on two Aramco sites under control: Saudi govt spokesmanDrone attacks on two Saudi Aramco factories in Abqaiq and Khurais on Saturday ca...
Read more »

The Latest: Houthis claim drone attack on Saudi oil plantThe Latest: Houthis claim drone attack on Saudi oil plantDUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The Latest on the explosion and fire at a major oil facility in Saudi Arabia (all times local): 12:50 p.m. A military spokesman for Yemen's Houthi...
Read more »

Drone attacks strike major Saudi Aramco facility, oilfieldDrone attacks strike major Saudi Aramco facility, oilfieldDrones attacked the world's largest oil processing facility in Saudi Arabia and a major oilfield operated by Saudi Aramco early Saturday, the kingdom's Interior Ministry said, sparking a huge fire at a processor crucial to global energy supplies.
Read more »

The Latest: Saudi Arabia says drones attacked oil facilitiesThe Latest: Saudi Arabia says drones attacked oil facilitiesDUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The Latest on the explosion and fire an oil facility in Saudi Arabia (all times local): 9:10 a.m. Saudi Arabia says drones attacked two major oil...
Read more »

Drone Strikes Spark Fires at Saudi Oil FacilitiesDrone Strikes Spark Fires at Saudi Oil FacilitiesDrone strikes caused fires at two facilities of Saudi Arabia’s state oil company, marking the latest in a series of attacks on the country’s petroleum assets in recent months.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 08:23:54