People evacuated from aged care at the height of Victoria's coronavirus crisis are being returned to nursing homes
The response centre said it was supporting 11 aged care facilities to progressively transfer residents back from hospital or other alternative accommodation but that only 45 people had been returned to their homes through the centre's efforts since September 1.
Mr Buffone, a former Country Fire Authority chief seconded by the federal government to run the response centre, is heading to Canberra to lead the Home Affairs Department's crisis preparation for the summer bushfire season, but says he will stay with the Victorian aged care response for as long as he is required.
"We need more workers in aged care which is an opportunity to contribute to the country’s economic recovery.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
A national failure: The US hits 200,000 COVID-19 deathsThe grim milestone cements the US's bleak status as the country with the highest recorded death rate. It's still common for the country to record more than 1000 COVID-19 deaths a day - so common that such numbers are now just background noise.
Read more »
COVID-19 positives hit French Open qualifying, Djokovic at it againFive players have been forced to withdraw from qualifying at Roland Garros while Novak Djokovic has again courted controversy during his Italian Open semi-final.
Read more »
Researchers warn of long-term COVID-19 after effectsJoe Tannous was a “very fit” and healthy 49-year-old when he was struck down with COVID-19 – and six months on, he still can’t walk up the stairs without a struggle.
Read more »
Britain at COVID-19 tipping point, second lockdown possible, Health Minister saysCOVID-19 cases have risen sharply in recent weeks, with stricter lockdown measures now in place across large sectors of the country.
Read more »
'Room for everyone' as NSW records four new COVID-19 casesNSW recorded four new cases of coronavirus on Monday as the government launches a COVID safe summer plan | rachelclun Laura_R_Chung
Read more »