A baby girl has died and four people are injured after a fire tore through a home southwest of Sydney, on Sunday night.
Emergency services were called to a house on Avon Dam Rd, Bargo, just before 6.30pm where fire crews worked to bring the blaze under control.A baby girl has died in a house fire southwest of Sydney. Picture: 7 NewsFire crews raced to the scene finding the body of the five-month-old inside the house.
Picture: 7 NewsParamedics treated a 79-year-old woman and 57-year-old man for smoke inhalation and lacerations. A 27-year-old woman was treated for shock.The blaze engulfed the home at Bargo about 6.30pm. Picture: 7 NewsSource:Channel 7Avon Dam Rd has reopened after it was previously closed.trending in national
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Bundle of grief: urgent review into baby deaths at Blacktown HospitalIt's not what anyone expects when they're expecting, but four tragic infant deaths in the past 18 months have caused a local health district to search for answers.
Read more »
Australian Defence Force arrives at South Australian-Victorian border to support policeAustralian Defence Force personnel arrived in South Australia's south-east today, ready to assist SA Police with bolstering the state's hard border with Victoria.
Read more »
Qld police to monitor border, hotels | Sky News AustraliaQueensland’s Police Commissioner says it is essential officers monitor quarantine hotels to avoid what has happened in Victoria.\n\nSpecialist officers are being redeployed from the frontline to watch over returned travelers.\n
Read more »
Qld police to babysit returned travellers | Sky News AustraliaSpecialist Queensland police officers will be used to babysit returned travellers after the government decided against using private security guards. \n\nThe decision comes in the wake of Victoria’s hotel quarantine bungle which led to dozens of coronavirus cases across the state. \n\nThe Palaszczuk government reportedly considered employing privately employed security firms for its hotel quarantine system before details of Victoria’s failures surfaced. \n\nQueensland borders officially opened to all domestic travellers, except those from Victoria, on Friday. \n
Read more »
NSW Police forced to shut down multiple eastern suburbs partiesNine News reported that one party, in particular, had over 100 guests at a house in the Eastern Suburbs home on Saturday night before an after-party was held at another location in Bondi.
Read more »
This activist says she is being tracked and harassed in Australia by Chinese policeA woman living in Melbourne says Chinese authorities have been tracking and harassing her parents since late April, hauling them in for questioning at the police station over her activities in Australia. LinEvlin
Read more »