Sydney champion Lance Franklin has paused contract talks until the end of the season, saying he remained undecided on his future and whether he plays on.
Franklin’s intentions were made public through a statement released by his manager Adam Finch to the AFL website on Saturday morning.“At this stage conversations have been paused around my contract so I can put all my focus on playing footy. No further comment will be made until the season is done & I have decided about my future,” said Franklin.
“I am still undecided and need time after the season to make a family decision about whether I continue to play next year.”Swans chief executive Tom Harley had maintained that contract negotiations with Franklin were progressing well. Franklin, an eight-time All Australian, earlier this year became just the sixth player in AFL/VFL history to kick 1000 goals., Franklin’s management had entered into discussions with the Brisbane Lions, but the Lions denied this. Franklin’s wife Jesinta, who grew up on the Gold Coast, has said she would like to live closer to her family. The couple own a luxury beachside apartment in Queensland.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
NRL live: Sydney Roosters host Brisbane Broncos in crucial top-eight battleBrisbane will travel to the SCG to take on the Roosters in a match that will be crucial in the finals race. Follow our ScoreCentre for all the live scores and stats.
Read more »
One in three women in Sydney Symphony Orchestra experienced sexual harassmentA report by Elizabeth Broderick has found almost half of surveyed musicians and staff had experienced workplace bullying.
Read more »
Sydney CBD gets first Big W in $10m Woolworths renovationWoolworths Supermarket at Sydney&x27;s Town Hall has become more convenient with the coupling of the CBD&x27;s first discount store, BIG W.
Read more »
Saudi sisters found dead in Sydney told acquaintance queer women ‘live in fear’ in their homelandExclusive: Guardian understands sisters attended girls-only queer event and police are investigating if one or both feared being persecuted for their sexuality
Read more »
Police hope recreation of unknown Sydney man's face can solve 35-year mysteryPolice say they've been able to create a 'quite lifelike' digital version of the face of a man who was found dead in Sydney's south-west 35 years ago.
Read more »
Five teens charged over stabbing outside Western Sydney schoolFive teenagers have been charged after a 15-year-old boy was allegedly knifed in the back during a violent brawl outside a western Sydney School.
Read more »