New data from the Cancer Council shows a 37 per cent drop in breast cancer reports in Victoria after lockdown restrictions were imposed earlier this year.
As Australians collectively hunkered down to flatten the coronavirus curve in March, Emma Harper was fighting a very personal battle.
"If I'd left it any longer thinking I'll just wait until everything settled down, my story would have been a lot different." "The concern for us now is with further lockdowns again, will we see a further decline?" Professor Evans said."The concern is that if people are not getting tested, particularly if they're symptomatic, that they may be presenting further down the path with more advanced disease.
They fear a similar pattern will emerge as people in Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire endure another six weeks of stay at home orders.We asked scientists what to do about the Victorian border. They had a surprising answer
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Queenslanders raising alarm about Victorian number plates for 'no good reason'Concerned Queenslanders are reporting sightings of Victorian number plates on cars travelling through the state, but there's a reasonable explanation why they're here.
Read more »
ICU beds could soon be full as COVID-19 outbreak spreadsAustralia's intensive care wards already nearing capacity despite low numbers of COVID-19 patients on ventilators.
Read more »
'It's still real and it's still out there': WA businesses fear return of Melbourne-style lockdownConfidence among Perth businesses has been dented by the second coronavirus lockdown in Melbourne as it offers a bleak window into what a fresh outbreak could mean.
Read more »
One of nine Melbourne public housing towers to remain under 'hard lockdown'One of nine public housing towers placed under 'hard lockdown' on Saturday will remain in police-enforced quarantine after a large number of coronavirus cases were found within the units.
Read more »
Record calls to mental health services during second lockdownLifeline is reporting a 22 per cent surge in calls in Victoria since Sunday compared with the same time last year, while calls from Victoria to Beyond Blue’s support services have doubled in the past fortnight.
Read more »
Everything is on the line: Andrews urges Victorians to stay the course as state records 165 new COVID cases | Sky News AustraliaVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews has warned if the state is not successful in driving down the number of COVID-19 cases, Melbourne could be in lockdown for more than six weeks.\n \nVictoria has recorded a massive 165 new cases of the novel coronavirus since yesterday, with 40 people now in hospital and nine in intensive care.\n \nPremier Andrews said the towers at 9 Pampas Street and 159 Melrose Street will be reopened subject to stage 3 restrictions, but the tower at 33 Alfred Street will be completely locked down for another nine days.\n\nMr Andrews confirmed there are 477 cases of community transmission, 932 active cases of COVID-19 across the state.\n\n“No-one is enjoying this. Nobody wanted to be in the position that we're in. But we simply have no choice,” he said.\n \n“We have no choice but to confront the reality of this virus and its transmission across the community and to take the very difficult steps that we've taken, and then all of us to adhere to those rules. \n \n“Our Victorian community benefits from that.'\n \n
Read more »