Documents reveal Dominic Perrottet received brief about prior candidate’s appointment to John Barilaro’s New York role

Australia News News

Documents reveal Dominic Perrottet received brief about prior candidate’s appointment to John Barilaro’s New York role
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 GuardianAus
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 56 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 98%

Files released by parliament show Barilaro was also sent brief saying Jenny West selected following ‘full recruitment process’

Dominic Perrottet

Contained in a tranche of documents released to the parliament on Tuesday, the brief is identical to a brief sent to then premier Gladys BerejiklianThe new documents were released after the Labor opposition successfully pushed to have the parliament recalled from its winter break on Friday to secure the release of hundreds of pages of files relating to former deputy premier John Barilaro’s eventual appointment to the $500,000-a-year trade position.

in August 2021. The parliamentary inquiry has been told the first round of recruitment was discontinued after a cabinet decision to make the position a ministerial appointment. However, that decision was later reversed and it returned to being a public service appointment, with the position being readvertised in December after Barilaro left politics, and his appointment announced in June.

“When pressed in the inquiry, the secretary of the department confirmed that was the advice that had been provided to me in relation to whether or not there had been a suitable candidate from the first process,” Perrottet said earlier this month.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

GuardianAus /  🏆 1. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Documents relating to John Barilaro's scuppered New York job should be supplied, Dominic Perrottet saysDocuments relating to John Barilaro's scuppered New York job should be supplied, Dominic Perrottet saysNSW Premier Dominic Perrottet says any documents 'legally' relevant to a parliamentary inquiry into John Barilaro's now scuppered New York job should be provided.
Read more »

Ayres interviewed as part of independent inquiry into Barilaro trade appointmentAyres interviewed as part of independent inquiry into Barilaro trade appointmentNSW Trade Minister Stuart Ayres has been interviewed as part of the independent inquiry into the controversial appointment of John Barilaro to a plum New York role.
Read more »

Parliament set for recall over failure to lodge Barilaro documentsParliament set for recall over failure to lodge Barilaro documentsThe NSW upper house is likely to be recalled on Friday after the state government failed to release documents relating to the appointment of John Barilaro to a plum trade role.
Read more »

NSW trade rep had US office shuttered after announcement of New York role later given to John BarilaroNSW trade rep had US office shuttered after announcement of New York role later given to John BarilaroEXCLUSIVE: State government’s trade commissioner forced to work from a room in his San Fransisco home
Read more »

Barilaro filmed in tussle with cameraman after night out with friendsBarilaro filmed in tussle with cameraman after night out with friendsFormer New South Wales deputy premier John Barilaro has been filmed in a tussle with a news cameraman outside a Sydney restaurant over the weekend.
Read more »

NSW police investigate altercation between John Barilaro and camera operator on Sydney streetNSW police investigate altercation between John Barilaro and camera operator on Sydney street‘I did not manhandle an individual,’ former deputy premier tells 2GB after incident while out for pizza in Manly
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 04:32:15