Ex-world No.1 Dustin Johnson officially quits PGA Tour to join rebel Saudi league

Australia News News

Ex-world No.1 Dustin Johnson officially quits PGA Tour to join rebel Saudi league
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 FOXSportsAUS
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 41 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 51%

Golf's former world number one, and the third-highest earner in PGA Tour history, has officially QUIT to join the rebel Saudi league. 👀 STORY:

Former world number one golfer Dustin Johnson confirmed on Tuesday he has resigned his membership of the US PGA Tour to play in the breakaway LIV Golf Invitational Series.

The world number 15 said in February he was committed to playing on the PGA Tour, which has refused releases for members to play in LIV Golf’s opener, which clashes with the Canadian Open. The 37-year-old, who is reportedly receiving $150 million in appearance fees to play in the series, said it was difficult to predict the consequences of his decision.“Right now, I’ve resigned my membership from the Tour,” he added.“The Ryder Cup is unbelievable and it’s something that has definitely meant a lot to me,” added Johnson, who won all five of his matches in the United States’ record 19-9 win over Europe at Whistling Straits last year.

Six-time major winner Phil Mickelson confirmed on Monday he had also signed up to play in the inaugural LIV event in a major coup for the organisers.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

FOXSportsAUS /  🏆 24. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Disgraced Mickelson drops $270M PGA Tour bombThe star is ending his four-month hiatus. But his return is more controversial than his exile. 9WWOS
Read more »

Dustin Johnson and Sergio García quit PGA Tour for breakaway LIV Golf SeriesDustin Johnson and Sergio García quit PGA Tour for breakaway LIV Golf SeriesJohnson sacrifices Ryder Cup over participation in $25m inaugural LIV Golf event in Hertfordshire this week
Read more »

The Kid Laroi gives major update on Australian tour after Melbourne disappointmentThe Kid Laroi gives major update on Australian tour after Melbourne disappointmentAustralian rap superstar thekidlaroi has given a major update on his home country tour, saying he’s still too unwell to perform in Brisbane tonight. 7NEWS
Read more »

At least one killed, others injured, in tour bus crash in Central AustraliaAt least one killed, others injured, in tour bus crash in Central AustraliaA man has died and several others injured in a tour bus crash in Australia's Red Centre, more than an hour west of Alice Springs.
Read more »

Eight hurt, one dead in outback tour bus tragedyEight hurt, one dead in outback tour bus tragedyA man has died and eight other passengers have been injured after a tour bus rolled over in remote central Australia. 7NEWS
Read more »

‘Brake, brake, brake!’: a white-knuckle ride on the back of a motorbike at the Tour de France | Sophie Smith‘Brake, brake, brake!’: a white-knuckle ride on the back of a motorbike at the Tour de France | Sophie SmithIn an extract from her new book, cycling journalist Sophie Smith gives an insight into what it’s like to cover a stage at the grand tour
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 11:53:14