Hong Kong tycoon Richard Li's FWD makes U.S. IPO filing public

Australia News News

Hong Kong tycoon Richard Li's FWD makes U.S. IPO filing public
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 24 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 97%

Insurance company FWD Group Holdings Ltd, owned by Hong Kong billionaire Richard Li, made its filing for a stock market listing in the United States public on Thursday, revealing a jump in revenue last year.

The insurer, which will list through an initial public offering, posted revenue of $9.49 billion last year. FWD also said its net loss applicable to shareholders narrowed to $243 million in the year ended December 31, 2020, compared with a $278 million loss a year earlier.

The company had confidentially filed for the listing in June. FWD has not yet set the terms for its IPO, but Reuters hadit could raise between $2 billion and $3 billion, valuing the company between $13 billion and $15 billion. Richard Li is the son of Hong Kong's richest man Li Ka-Shing. FWD's foundation was laid in 2012 with the acquisition of ING's Hong Kong, Macau and Thailand units for $2.1 billion, and it has since continued this bolt-on approach.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Impossible Foods to launch meatless pork in U.S., Hong Kong and SingaporeImpossible Foods to launch meatless pork in U.S., Hong Kong and SingaporeDennis Woodside of Impossible Foods says all of their products are now ground, but they are starting to work on creating plant-based whole muscle meats like chicken breast and steak. It will take some time for it to be released as the company will not put out products that do not match the flavors and taste of animal products, he adds.
Read more »

China Evergrande Loses Support of Hong Kong Tycoon Amid Debt CrisisChina Evergrande Loses Support of Hong Kong Tycoon Amid Debt CrisisChinese Estates, which is controlled by Hong Kong billionaire Joseph Lau and his wife, Chan Hoi-wan, said it had recently pared its stake in Evergrande and it was seeking shareholder approval to potentially sell the remainder.
Read more »

Impossible Foods to launch meatless pork in U.S., Hong Kong and SingaporeImpossible Foods to launch meatless pork in U.S., Hong Kong and SingaporeDennis Woodside of Impossible Foods says all of their products are now ground, but they are starting to work on creating plant-based whole muscle meats like chicken breast and steak. It will take some time for it to be released as the company will not put out products that do not match the flavors and taste of animal products, he adds.
Read more »

China Evergrande Loses Support of Hong Kong Tycoon Amid Debt CrisisChina Evergrande Loses Support of Hong Kong Tycoon Amid Debt CrisisChinese Estates, which is controlled by Hong Kong billionaire Joseph Lau and his wife, Chan Hoi-wan, said it had recently pared its stake in Evergrande and it was seeking shareholder approval to potentially sell the remainder.
Read more »

Salesforce rival Freshworks raises $1.03 bln in U.S. IPO, valued at $10.13 blnSalesforce rival Freshworks raises $1.03 bln in U.S. IPO, valued at $10.13 blnBusiness software firm Freshworks said it had priced its U.S. initial public offering well above the target range to raise $1.03 billion, valuing the Salesforce.com rival at $10.13 billion as hybrid work fuels demand for its products.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 11:18:32