Horror day as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus cases

Australia News News

Horror day as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus cases
Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines
  • 📰 theage
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 50 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 77%

BREAKING: 'It was always going to get worse before it got better,' says Premier DanielAndrewsMP.

Premier Daniel Andrews prepared the state for even more bad news, saying on Friday that the numbers were likely to get worse before they got better.

Mr Andrews also formally advised residents in the Melbourne and Mitchell Shire lockdown zone to wear face masks outside their homes. "This increase in cases – particularly locally acquired cases, particularly those that are not related to known clusters – are a concern. "It will take a couple of incubation periods – even four incubation periods – to know when that is under control, hence the six-week lockdown," he said.Despite Melbourne's second lockdown, coronavirus cases are spreading outside the city's boundary, with a childcare centre in Ocean Grove shut down and a Bendigo council staff member testing positive.

By Thursday, Geelong had a total of six active cases. Unlike the Mornington Peninsula on the other side of the bay, Geelong is not included in Melbourne's lockdown zone. Meanwhile, a Woolworths store in Melbourne’s south-west was closed for urgent cleaning on Thursday night after a worker tested positive for coronavirus.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

theage /  🏆 8. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Horror day as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesHorror day as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesNational cabinet has adopted advice from the Acting Chief Medical Officer that masks should be worn in places with ongoing community transmission of coronavirus, such as Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
Read more »

Melburnians urged to wear masks as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesMelburnians urged to wear masks as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesVictoria records a record number of coronavirus cases with 288 new COVID-19 cases diagnosed since yesterday, the largest daily increase of the pandemic so far.
Read more »

Coronavirus updates LIVE: Victoria records 288 new COVID-19 cases as Scott Morrison announces slash on international arrivals, QLD border reopensCoronavirus updates LIVE: Victoria records 288 new COVID-19 cases as Scott Morrison announces slash on international arrivals, QLD border reopensThe Victorian government will order over 2 million reusable masks and 1 million single-use masks to ensure more Victorians have access to the added protection
Read more »

Melburnians urged to wear masks as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesMelburnians urged to wear masks as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesVictoria records a record number of coronavirus cases with 288 new COVID-19 cases diagnosed since yesterday, the largest daily increase of the pandemic so far.
Read more »

Horror day as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesHorror day as Victoria records 288 new coronavirus casesNational cabinet has adopted advice from the Acting Chief Medical Officer that masks should be worn in places with ongoing community transmission of coronavirus, such as Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
Read more »

One public housing tower to remain in lockdown, as restrictions on others easedOne public housing tower to remain in lockdown, as restrictions on others easedAll residents of one locked-down public housing tower in Melbourne's inner-city will be required to isolate for a further nine days, with the remaining eight towers to return to the same level of restrictions as the rest of Melbourne by the end of Thursday
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 02:19:07