The hospital cluster now includes nine healthcare workers, forcing about 100 doctors, nurses and allied health workers into self-isolation
"As part of this, staff from across Concord, RPA and Canterbury hospitals and community health services have been re-deployed to Concord's ED," he said.
Staff have been directed to not work across multiple hospitals as a precaution, the health spokesman said. The health district has also decided that all staff in "high risk" areas including the emergency department, intensive care unit and aged care must be tested for coronavirus every two days for the next fortnight.Earlier this week all non-urgent surgeries at Concord were suspended until Friday, and the hospital remains closed to visitors until 10am on Friday so all wards can undergo a deep clean.
Police and the state's Chief Health Officer said the decision to impose a curfew was not made by them, however“We won't need a curfew forever. We will need it for so long as it serves a useful purpose in helping police to enforce rules,” he said in a tense press conference on Thursday morning.
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
NSW leaders fire up over Queensland's 'loopy' border closure, as state records nine new coronavirus casesNine new COVID-19 cases have been recorded in NSW and 12 people associated with Sydney's Concord and Liverpool hospitals have now tested positive.
Read more »
NSW records seven COVID-19 cases as hospital staff redeployed to cope with shortageStaff from three separate Sydney hospitals have been redeployed to Concord Hospital's emergency department to help the hospital cope with a staff shortage caused by a COVID-19 outbreak | rachelclun
Read more »
Hospital cluster grows as NSW records nine new casesThe cluster linked to Concord and Liverpool hospitals has ballooned to 12 cases with five more people connected to the outbreak diagnosed with COVID-19 | rachelclun marywardy Rabe9
Read more »
Nine new coronavirus cases in NSW in past 24 hoursFive of the new cases are linked to Sydney's Concord Hospital, with two being health care workers. 9News
Read more »
NSW records seven new coronavirus infections as Sydney hospital clusters growNSW Health says there are now 14 COVID-19 cases linked to the Concord and Liverpool emergency departments cluster, including nine healthcare workers.
Read more »
'Christmas is not cancelled': Melbourne to reactivate CBD amid COVIDChristmas will take on a distinctly different flavour this year, but the City of Melbourne says the CBD will stay open for business as the city slowly claws its way back.
Read more »