.johnfarnham is making a good recovery after having part of his jaw reconstructed to remove a cancerous growth from his mouth. TV comic John Blackman, who had a similar operation, says it can be beaten. 7NEWS
The beloved singer, 72, had to have part of his jaw removed in an operation on Tuesday that required the involvement of 26 medical staff.For more Celebrity related news and videos check outEntertainment reporter Peter Ford told radio station 6PR on Wednesday that Farnham’s singing career may well be over.
Ford said the death of his beloved manager Glenn Wheatley in February had sparked doubts he would ever return to the stage.“The first was the removal of the tumour, the second was a reconstructive surgery because John has had part of his jaw removed.” Ford added that Farnham had been a long-time smoker until his children urged him to quit, which he did.Credit:He said that the singer was “lucid, he is conscious, he is in ICU, he will be there for a long time to come.”
“But as we’ve heard all along from the statement from the family again, and the statement that came out earlier this morning, they have twice used the word ‘successful’, so that gives reason for optimism and hope,” Ford added.If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your
Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
John Farnham in ICU after marathon surgery to remove cancerous growthAustralian music legend John Farnham is in a stable condition after undergoing a 12-hour operation to remove a malignant tumour.
Read more »
John Farnham in ICU after marathon surgery to remove cancerous growthJohn Farnham has come out of day-long surgery after doctors discovered a cancerous growth. The procedure started in a Victorian hospital at 8am on Tuesday and finished at 7.30pm, a spokesperson for the family said | carolineschelle Farnham cancer
Read more »
John Farnham in ICU after marathon surgery to remove cancerous growthAustralian music legend John Farnham is in a stable condition after undergoing a 12-hour operation to remove a malignant tumour.
Read more »
John Farnham recovering after marathon surgery to remove tumour from mouthThe singer's family says the cancerous growth was successfully removed, thanking hospital staff for a 'magnificent outcome'.
Read more »
John Farnham out of surgery in ICU after cancer diagnosisAustralian music icon John Farnham is in a stable condition in intensive care after undergoing an emergency 12-hour operation to remove a malignant tumour after being diagnosed with cancer.
Read more »
Australian music legend John Farnham diagnosed with cancerAustralian music legend John Farnham has been admitted to hospital for surgery and ongoing treatment after doctors discovered a cancerous growth.
Read more »